Michael Meeks | 18 Dec 16:39 2014

minutes of ESC call ...

* Present
    + Muthu, Michael M., Kendy, Kohei, Miklos, Cloph, Eike, Ignaz, Stephan,
      Norbert, Robinson, Ptyl, Caolan, Lionel, Andras, Bjoern, Markus, Jacobo,
      Michael S

* Completed Action Items:
    + review libcmis branch & merge to master & 4.4 (Miklos)
        [ one problem was pending and Mihai fixed it - he rocks
          feature will be in RC1 ]
    + get a better / longer term certificate for signing
        + cf. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86780
        [ Florian is on the job for 4.5 ]
    + mail QA list with newly up-loaded bibisect (Robinson)
    + test out & evangelise VM / X2go / QA VM scheme (Robinson)
        [ working with Cloph on this, mentioned them to QA,
          people tested on Mac & Windows, they're very responsive
          even without a good connection ]

* Pending Action Items:
    + fix BSA login / XML-RPC issues (Cloph)
        [ still WIP with Cloph ]
    + check Matus' startup performance measurement for layered images.zip (Kendy)

* Bugzilla migration update (Robinson)
    + BugZilla migration => Saturday, January 24, ~1600 UTC
    + going well
        + http://vm150.documentfoundation.org/
    + thinking about next steps etc.
      https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/admin/projects/bugzilla

(Continue reading)

Italo Vignoli | 15 Dec 19:06 2014

Second Bug Hunting Session for LibreOffice 4.4

The Document Foundation (TDF) announces the second LibreOffice 4.4 bug
hunting session, which will happen from December 19 to December 21,
2014, immediately after the availability of the first release candidate
of the new major release (with the final release planned for the end of
January 2015).

Details of the second LibreOffice 4.4 bug hunting session are available
on TDF wiki at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugHunting_Session_4.4.0_RC1. A list
of LibreOffice 4.4 features that have to be checked for bugs and
regressions is also on TDF wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.4.

To participate, it will be necessary to download LibreOffice 4.4 RC1 for
Windows, MacOS or Linux from http://www.libreoffice.org/pre-releases.
Filing bugs will be extremely easy, thanks to the help of experienced
volunteers who will be around on the QA mailing list
(libreoffice-qa <at> lists.freedesktop.org) and IRC channel
(irc://irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa).

Short link to TDF blog: http://wp.me/p1byPE-w6.

--

-- 
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob IT +39.348.5653829 - mob EU +39.392.7481795
email italo <at> libreoffice.org - skype italovignoli
email / hangout italo.vignoli <at> gmail.com
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

(Continue reading)

Michael Meeks | 11 Dec 17:07 2014

minutes of ESC call ...

* Present:
    + Kendy, Michael M, Muthu, Andras, Noel, Robinson, Kohei, Cloph,
      Miklos, Markus, Stephan, David, Jan-Marek, floeff, Eike, Bjoern,
      Caolan, Michael S, Adam

* Completed Action Items:
    + poke wrt. FOSDEM / BetaCoworking - ask him (Kendy)
        [ Cor poked, seems they're happy to have us for 2x days,
          confirmed - and hoping to have some board rooms ]
    + get stats on bugzilla load / HW strength from Tollef (Robinson)
        [ queued up - HW is 2x machines, 2x VM's, each 8GB of RAM,
          front-end is couple of GB of RAM, but DB backend is 8GB,
          12 virtual CPUs to each ]
    + reach out to Tollef to organise bz migration date/time (Robinson)
        [ tentative date/time: Sat Jan 24th, 15:00 UTC - any problems ?
            + no mumering - go for it ].
    + FOSDEM paper submission ... [!] ... deadline tomorrow (Several)
        [ https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM15
          submitted: Thorsten, Michael x2, Matus (not), Michael S, Miklos.
          not yet: Markus, Eike, Bjoern
          unknown: Jacobo, Adam ] 
    + ask Cedric what's up with libcmis (Miklos)
        [ mentioned on IRC: released a new up-stream version ...
          needs to be integrated into master & merge the feature-branch ...
          so getting there - no blockers, just work ].
AI:     + review libcmis branch & merge to master & 4.4 (Miklos)
    + move PDF signing out of 'experimental' in 4.4 (Tor)
    + encourage students to come to FOSDEM; travel funding for talkers (Jmux)
        [ sadly exams a week after, so 2x will come but
          not all & not to the hack-fest ].
(Continue reading)

Charles-H. Schulz | 7 Dec 11:23 2014

Opening a new Twitter account for users support

Hello,

10 days ago I had posted this:
http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2014/11/30/user-support/

and it was suggested off list that we open a new official LibreOffice
twitter account solely dedicated to users support. 

The good news is that we would already have someone willing to
contribute to it, albeit not everyday. We need more people however
(ideally one or two more to start). If there are volunteers as well,
please let me know here or off list.

It should be stressed that similar initiatives in languages other than
English are highly welcome.

Thanks!

-- 
Charles-H. Schulz 
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,
Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.

--

-- 
To unsubscribe e-mail to: projects+unsubscribe <at> global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
(Continue reading)

Michael Meeks | 4 Dec 18:03 2014

minutes of ESC call ...

* Present:
    + Bjoern, Stephan, Michael M, Robinson, Jan-Marek, Cloph, Eike, Andras,
      Kendy, Miklos, Thorsten, Caolan, Adam, Jacobo, Norbert, David, Kohei,
      Markus

* Completed Action Items:
    + come up with a proposal timing-wise (Cloph)
    + start building bibisect repositories (Robinson)
        [ built will up-load shortly ]
    + get Robinson access to TDFs Sun-Ultra-24 etc. (Cloph)
        + see also: https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/597#note-21
    + test system to get BSA fixed (Cloph)
        [ setup with a proxy to the testing instance of bugzilla,
          need to work out why xml-rpc login fails ]
    + merge calc / sidebar stripe enablement to 4.4 for now (Kendy)

* Pending Action Items:
    + fix BSA login / XML-RPC issues (Cloph)
    + reach out to Tollef to organise bz migration date/time (Robinson)
    + get stats on bugzilla load / HW strength from Tollef (Robinson)
        [ talking to him after the call today ]
    + check Matus' startup performance measurement for layered images.zip (Kendy)
    + poke wrt. FOSDEM / BetaCoworking - ask him (Kendy)
        [ Cor poked, seems they're happy to have us for 2x days ]

* Bugzilla migration update (Robinson)
    + going well
        + http://vm150.documentfoundation.org/
        + please test out your tools vs. that.
    + talk to Tollef today to get a date.
(Continue reading)

Florian Effenberger | 4 Dec 09:48 2014

Outstanding refund requests and closing the books

Hello,

if you have any outstanding expenses to be covered, which have already 
been approved by the budget authorizers or the board, please send in the 
requests to treasurer <at>  as soon as possible. General information on 
travel refunds are available at 
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Policies/Refunding

For any kind of refunds from TDF Berlin, please also be advised we need 
the originals of the receipts via snail mail by the end of the year (see 
address in the footer).

This is to close our books and have our numbers prepared accurately, and 
I aim to have that done mostly in December.

In case that is a problem for someone, please poke me privately, we will 
find a solution.

Thanks,
Florian

-- 
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: floeff <at> documentfoundation.org
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--

-- 
To unsubscribe e-mail to: projects+unsubscribe <at> global.libreoffice.org
(Continue reading)

Sophie | 2 Dec 13:18 2014
Picon

Certification program

Hi all,

This is a reminder that the certification program is open to TDF members.
If you are a trainer or/and are leading migration to LibreOffice and you
are a TDF member, you can apply for these certifications using this form:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/certification/application/

There will be a review session during Fosdem in Brussels early next
year, so don't hesitate to apply now!

Let us know if you have any questions, don't be shy :)
Kind regards
Sophie
-- 
Sophie Gautier sophie.gautier <at> documentfoundation.org
Tel:+33683901545
Co-founder - Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

--

-- 
To unsubscribe e-mail to: projects+unsubscribe <at> global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Alexander Werner | 1 Dec 11:58 2014

AskLibO speed issues

Hi,

I have contacted Evgeny about the AskLibO speed problems that occur despite increased resources for the VM.
I hope he’ll find a solution soon.

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alexander Werner <alex <at> documentfoundation.org>
Admin Team of The Document Foundation
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--

-- 
To unsubscribe e-mail to: projects+unsubscribe <at> global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Michael Meeks | 27 Nov 17:27 2014

minutes of ESC call ...

* Present:
    + Lionel, Stephan, Eike, Miklos, Robinson, Jacobo, Andras, Markus,
      Michael M., Ptyl, Cloph, Norbert, Florian, Bjoern, Jan-Marek,
      Muthu, Michael S., Adam

* Completed Action Items:
    + look at regressions associated with a SUSE bugzilla bugfix (Timar)
        [ went through them, but no low hanging fruit, but no need to access
          original documents there, for most there are unit tests. Will check
          all are public ]
    + look at sorting spreadsheet / use-cases etc. (Eike)
        cf. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=108990 ]
        ongoing, a mix of real bugs, wrong expectations and misconception about references
        [ worked through the document, and added a comment to the bug,
          cherry-picked some fixes missing on the 4.2.x branch, fixed
          2-3 cases on all other branches.
          Suggest we do a 4.2.8 last-release ].

* Pending Action Items:
    + start building bibisect repositories (Robinson)
        [ works on his local machine, but ... needs access to Bertha ]
AI:       get Robinson access to Bertha etc. (Cloph)
        + see also: https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/597#note-21

* Bugzilla migration update (Robinson)
    + going well
        + http://vm150.documentfoundation.org/
        + please test out your tools vs. that.
    + bugzilla notification - needed for IRC & git commit daemons
    + can we login ? (Miklos)
(Continue reading)

Italo Vignoli | 25 Nov 01:42 2014

Certification Application

Because of a technical problem with the Certification Application
(http://www.documentfoundation.org/certification/application/) which has
just been solved, the procedure has not been sending the expected
message to the Certification Committee.

As I am coordinating the Certification Project, I personally apologize
for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, it is necessary for candidates to
re-send the applications.

In early 2015, there will be a review session at FOSDEM in Brussels, on
January 31 and February 1st, which will be a good opportunity to meet
the entire community (and especially developers).

As you probably know LibreOffice Certification will be open only to TDF
Members until April 2015. This is an opportunity, you are invited to
take advantage of.

For more information on the LibreOffice Certification Project, you can
access the website: http://www.documentfoundation.org/certification.

-- 
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob IT +39.348.5653829 - mob EU +39.392.7481795
email italo <at> libreoffice.org - skype italovignoli
email / hangout italo.vignoli <at> gmail.com
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--

-- 
To unsubscribe e-mail to: projects+unsubscribe <at> global.libreoffice.org
(Continue reading)

Michael Meeks | 13 Nov 17:13 2014

minutes of ESC call ...

* Present:
    + Muthu, cloph, Markus, Lionel, Eike, Norbert, Stephan, Kendy,
      Michael M, Robinson, JMux, David T, Kohei, Michael S, Ptyl

* Completed Action Items:
    + commit UX default tweak to master (Kendy)
    + mention calc sorting issue in the 4.2.7 / 4.3.3 release notes (Cloph)
    + build pre-canned downloadable VM's for Tolouse (Cloph)
       [ VirtualBox images - still up-loading
         cloud based VM is running & re-building ]
    + look at sorting spreadsheet / use-cases etc. (Eike)
       cf. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=85490 ]
       [ some progress, Luke did some good work on JBF's doc.
         several use-cases where things are different, further
         fixes expected for 4.3.next+1
         4.2.x new ? perhaps when we have most important ones fixed ]
    + update on student projects from A Coruña University (Jacobo)
       [ as below ]

* Pending Action Items:
    + look at regressions associated with a SUSE bugzilla bugfix (Timar)

* Release Engineering update (Cloph)
    + 4.3.4 RC1 status
        + available on the web-site, since Tues for general public.
            + plan to announce on Friday.
            + ignoring Mac / senddoc script fix for now.
            + ~60 bug fixes.
    + 4.3.5 RC1 due in 2 weeks (previously called 4.3.4)
        + just re-numbered the schedule
(Continue reading)


Gmane