We have an immediate need for an experienced database administrator
with expertise in PostgreSQL. (knowledge of mySQL would be a bonus).
Come join our client's dynamic team and see the possibilities. Our
client is a pre-IPO company with a rock solid financial position and
- Database monitoring, include database server, network, and operating system process monitoring of the database machines
- Write SQL queries and store procedures
- Create reports for marketing and operational analyses
- Tune database for optimal performance
- Routine backup and recovery of databases
- Software upgrades, and software maintenance of a PostgreSQL Server environment (mySQL would be a bonus)
- Administration of security for the PostgreSQL Server (mySQL would be a bonus)
- Provide developer support on database issues, and peform SQL code reviews
- Validate database structure/schema to increase database efficiencies and performance
- Design & develop new databases to support new software development
- 5+ years experience as a database developer and administrator with both PostgreSQL (MYSQL is a bonus)
- 2+ years experience in writing queries and stored procedures for reporting
- Expert knowledge of database design and architecture
- Experienced with a variety of backup and monitoring tools
- Experience in the design of data extract, migration, and queuing facilities
- Experience with database performance tuning, including index tuning, audit tables, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage customer needs and multiple work priorities in a dynamic, changing environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS fundamentals
- Data Warehousing experience a plus!
- Retail experience a plus!
This is a 6 month contract to hire. Candidate must work ON SITE
during regular business hours; Mon-Fri, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on site in
Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance available.
We cannot sponsor H1Bs at this time. You must have the appropriate work status.