Job Role: Lead Database Architect (Postgres) (Atlanta, GA)
Reporting to the Manager of Database Engineering group, the Lead Database Architect oversees and supports the operational, development, automation and compliance aspects of the entire stack of Databases (POSTGRES/MYSQL/MONGO/ORACLE etc), responsible for database Dev/QA/Production - design, implementation and support. The architect maintains a rigorous work ethic in the Information Technology unit’s dynamic environment and plays a key role in ensuring the database environment is designed and managed to meet business and IT demands for availability, performance and manageability.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems
Participate in application development projects to evolve the database architecture and design
- Monitor database operations; analyze and respond to performance and other maintenance issues
- Function in a Project Administration capacity, including inventorying and documenting forms, reports, notices etc.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging and production database instances and the migration of those instances from one environment to another
- Responsible for performance tuning of the staging and production database instances
- Assist with complex query development
- Install, configure, manage and maintain multiple databases
- Manage System Memory, CPU and I/O performance as well as assuring database health
- Perform appropriate back-up, restoration and upgrades of our servers
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- 7+ years working experience using Database Technologies in a multi-terabyte environment
- Senior Level experience building and supporting different SQL & NO-SQL databases Postgres, Oracle, Mongo & MYSQL etc.
- Experience in database design, implementation and support in 24x7 production environment
- Individual must demonstrate solid SQL programming skills to perform data troubleshooting and data analysis using Enterprise Manager tools
- Experience with replication and/or warm-standby technology for the given platform
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization (query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning)
- Senior Level Experience with backup and recovery process including Disaster Recovery planning.
- In-depth hands-on experience using Linux Redhat / Centos
- Strong communication skills for interaction with other teams and departments
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in person, over the phone or via email
- Experience in data profiling, meta data analysis, data modeling, and relational schema design
- Experience in scripting languages such as KSH, BASH, Perl, Python as needed for largescale
data movement operations
Michael R. Strobo
Senior Vice President
Mεrcury Z LLC
Check out the new and expanded
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.