EnterpriseDB (EDB) is a leading worldwide provider of Postgres software and
services. With powerful performance and security enhancements for PostgreSQL,
sophisticated management tools for global deployments, and Oracle
compatibility, EDB software supports both mission and non-mission critical
enterprise applications. More than 2,500 enterprises, governments, and other
organizations worldwide use EDB software, support, training, and professional
services to integrate open source software into their existing data
You are an experienced database professional with outstanding communication
skills (both written and verbal), an ability to work well with others,
an outstanding ability to triage complex issues, and a knack for problem solving.
You are able to mentor coworkers, learn complex topics on the fly, and are
adept at documenting efforts, actions, and results. You are able to work
independently, have an excellent work ethic, and excel at managing your
time. You have experience and are comfortable with working on distributed teams
across geographies/timezones/cultures. You are able to legally work in the USA
About the position:
* Responsible for 2nd level technical support for various EDB product lines
and open source PostgreSQL products
* Work directly with clients to conduct analysis of technical configurations,
integrations, data migrations, and technical installations for client systems
in order to perform in-depth technical troubleshooting, and recommend
appropriate work-around(s) and solutions.
* Interfaces with customer via email, phone, Skype, WebEx (et al) as needed
* Document all internal and external correspondence related to incident resolution.
* Document solutions, procedures, and standards for clients as well as internal use.
* Escalate issues to 3rd level technical support as needed
* Assists in training new team members on the products and support processes.
* Responsible for ensuring all resolved tickets are distilled into KB entries
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* At least 2 years relevant work experience
* Infrequent travel to customer sites (travel < 20%)
* You will be required to successfully acquire all EDB certifications
* Position may require flexibility in schedule to accommodate customer needs
* This position is in Bedford, MA but qualified candidates may be remote/telecommute