DBD::mysql 3.0007 and 3.0007_1 (Dev) released!
Patrick Galbraith <patg <at> mysql.com>
2006-09-11 12:53:51 GMT
Dear DBD::mysql users and developers,
DBD::mysql version 3.0007 (stable, production) and 3.0007_1 (dev) have
Version 3.0007 is the production version with server-side prepare
statements turned off by default, and 3.0007_1 is the development
version with server-side prepare statements turned on by default.
Changes in 3.0007/3.0007_1, from ChangeLog:
* Make sure to call dbd_st_finish when all rows from a statement handle
have been fetched. (Bug #20153, Bug# 21607, as rt.cpan.org ticket #s
20464, 21241) Jim Winstead
* Patch from Steve Hay to fix bind_param to deal properly with insertion
of a NULL into an INT or DOUBLE column using server-side prepare.
Converted Steve's dbi.pl script to expose this problem to 40bindparam2
* Fix to mysql_st_internal_execute to keep from passing undefined dbh
handle member (bind_type_guessing) to parse_param causing crash on
OpenBSD. Reported on rt.cpan.org (#20868) by Kyle Georg, as well as
info from Sam Smith and Federico Giannici
* Cleaned up tests to make sure test table is dropped at end of test.
* To turn ON server-side prepared statements (only in 3.0007 non-dev
simply append ";mysql_server_prepare=1" to the connect string or via the