Millet | 4 Jun 11:45 2009
Picon

make remind ignore lines not beginning with rem?

Hi. I'm interested in dumping my remind statements and tagged todo
list (todo.txt) in the same file.  How to get remind to completely
ignore statements not beginning with "REM\ " so that:
"eat cereal  <at> breakfast"
doesn't register as a *1 daily occurrence?
Thanks,
-Millet

David F. Skoll | 4 Jun 13:44 2009

Re: make remind ignore lines not beginning with rem?

Millet wrote:

> Hi. I'm interested in dumping my remind statements and tagged todo
> list (todo.txt) in the same file.  How to get remind to completely
> ignore statements not beginning with "REM\ " so that: "eat cereal
>  <at> breakfast" doesn't register as a *1 daily occurrence?

Prefix with "#"

# eat cereal  <at> breakfast

-- David.

Don Harper | 4 Jun 14:19 2009
Picon

How to get the next event only?

Is there a simple way for me to get the either the current or the next
reminder is there is not a current reminder?  I could go write a shell
script, but I was looking for something pre-done, if possible.

I use remind 3.01.07, wxRemind 101, and wyrd 1.4.4

Thanks!

don

--

-- 
.........................................................
.  Don Harper, RHCE   .   He who would travel happily    .
.  duckunix@... . must travel light. - Antoine de  .
.  www.donharper.org  .          Saint-Exupery           .
.........................................................

Zoong PHAM | 5 Jun 06:18 2009

How to "Next days after 2nd Monday"

Can someone please help me with this:

I need to run 5 scripts, one on each day.
The first script should start on the 2nd Monday of every month.
The second script runs on the day after that Monday; and the third script
on the 2nd day after that Monday, and so on.

My 1st attempt was:
REM Monday 7 AT 6:00 RUN script1
REM Tuesday 7 AT 6:00 RUN script2
...
REM Friday 7 AT 6:00 RUN script5.

Then I realise that the script1 is running on the correct day. However,
all the rests (Tuesday - Friday) are not.
For example for May 2009, with my attempt, the script5 would run on
Friday 8th. But I need to run script5 on Friday 15th because the 2nd
Monday was 11th.

Thanks.
Zoong

David F. Skoll | 5 Jun 13:13 2009

Re: How to "Next days after 2nd Monday"

Zoong PHAM wrote:

> I need to run 5 scripts, one on each day.
> The first script should start on the 2nd Monday of every month.
> The second script runs on the day after that Monday; and the third script
> on the 2nd day after that Monday, and so on.

REM Mon 7 AT 6:00 RUN script1
REM Tue 8 AT 6:00 RUN script2
...
REM Fri 11 AT 6:00 RUN script5

-- David.

Zoong PHAM | 5 Jun 13:58 2009

Re: How to "Next days after 2nd Monday"

On Friday,  5 June 2009 at  7:13:27 -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> REM Mon 7 AT 6:00 RUN script1
> REM Tue 8 AT 6:00 RUN script2
> ...
> REM Fri 11 AT 6:00 RUN script5

Thanks David. I really appreciate your help.

Regards,
Zoong

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz | 5 Jun 21:12 2009
Picon

Re: How to "Next days after 2nd Monday"

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 07:13:27 -0400
"David F. Skoll" <dfs@...> wrote:

>Zoong PHAM wrote:
>
>> I need to run 5 scripts, one on each day.
>> The first script should start on the 2nd Monday of every month.
>> The second script runs on the day after that Monday; and the third
>> script on the 2nd day after that Monday, and so on.
>
>REM Mon 7 AT 6:00 RUN script1
>REM Tue 8 AT 6:00 RUN script2
>...
>REM Fri 11 AT 6:00 RUN script5

If you want to run the script from the 2nd Monday of the month you need

REM Mon 8
REM Tue 9
...

--

-- 

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad? 

(Continue reading)

Paul Hoffman | 6 Jun 16:18 2009

Re: How to "Next days after 2nd Monday"

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 03:18:17PM +1100, Zoong PHAM wrote:
> Can someone please help me with this:
> 
> I need to run 5 scripts, one on each day.
> The first script should start on the 2nd Monday of every month.
> The second script runs on the day after that Monday; and the third script
> on the 2nd day after that Monday, and so on.
> 
> 
> My 1st attempt was:
> REM Monday 7 AT 6:00 RUN script1
> REM Tuesday 7 AT 6:00 RUN script2
> ...
> REM Friday 7 AT 6:00 RUN script5.
> 
> Then I realise that the script1 is running on the correct day. However,
> all the rests (Tuesday - Friday) are not.
> For example for May 2009, with my attempt, the script5 would run on
> Friday 8th. But I need to run script5 on Friday 15th because the 2nd
> Monday was 11th.

How about this?

REM Monday  7 AT 6:00 RUN script1  # Mon in [7th, 13th]
REM Tuesday 8 AT 6:00 RUN script2  # Tue in [8th, 14th]
...
REM Friday 11 AT 6:00 RUN script5  # Fri in [11th, 17th]

Paul.

(Continue reading)

Millet | 8 Jun 19:50 2009
Picon

skip parsing lines that do not begin with rem command

Thanks for the reply David :)  I know I can comment the lines out,
but I'm actually looking to modify the code that parses the .reminders
file so that "tag breakfast msg eat cereal" defaults to being
invisible/ignored unless assigned a time/date/delta.  I can probably
figure this out through trial and error but I'm not sure which part of
the code I should be looking at...
-Millet

David F. Skoll | 8 Jun 19:57 2009

Re: skip parsing lines that do not begin with rem command

Millet wrote:

> Thanks for the reply David :)  I know I can comment the lines out,
> but I'm actually looking to modify the code that parses the .reminders
> file so that "tag breakfast msg eat cereal" defaults to being
> invisible/ignored unless assigned a time/date/delta.

That's a really bad idea.  What happens if "breakfast" becomes
a Remind command at some point in the future?

Anyway, you can do it with a script simply enough:

	grep -i '^rem ' | remind - ...

> I can probably
> figure this out through trial and error but I'm not sure which part of
> the code I should be looking at...

You shouldn't be looking at the code. :-)  Use UNIX tools!

Regards,

David.


Gmane