David Owen Kritzberg | 2 Jun 01:15 2005
Picon

rem2ps not working

Hello Remind Fans,

I am using the latest version of remind and rem2ps.  Recently I
upgrading my linux version from Fedora Core 2 to 3 using anaconda.  I
can't imagine why that would matter, but I can't think of what else
might have caused rem2ps to produce unuseable .ps files.  rem2ps does
not give me an error, but I can't open, print, or convert to pdf using
ghostscript since the upgrade.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
--------------------------------
Dave Kritzberg
University of Colorado Economics
david.kritzberg@...
http://dijon.colorado.edu/

Paul Visscher | 2 Jun 04:24 2005

Re: rem2ps not working

David Owen Kritzberg [david.kritzberg@...] said:
> I am using the latest version of remind and rem2ps.  Recently I
> upgrading my linux version from Fedora Core 2 to 3 using anaconda.  I
> can't imagine why that would matter, but I can't think of what else
> might have caused rem2ps to produce unuseable .ps files.  rem2ps does
> not give me an error, but I can't open, print, or convert to pdf using
> ghostscript since the upgrade.  Any ideas?

What is the output of rem2ps? Is it a postscript file? Does it start
with %!PS-Adobe-2.0?

This sounds like it could be a ghostscript problem. Can you open any
other files with ghostscript?

--paulv

Tildar | 2 Jun 16:12 2005
Picon

Re: rem2ps not working

just clairifying, you had the latest remind installed an working, and
then did the upgrade from fc2 to fc3?

my guess is to reinstall remind, perhaps it needs to relink with some
new libs or someting befor it will work again.

Tildar | 8 Jun 18:28 2005
Picon

Still can't get this one working.

# schedule week of July 18 + sat before and sun after as holiday
# this seems to give me what I want

REM SAT Jul 09 SCANFROM [trigger(today()-28)] SATISFY 1
REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] *1 UNTIL [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()+8)] SATISFY 1
OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG MY HOLIDAY 

#  reminder for stuff done on Tuesday, remind before holidays/weekends
REM Tue OMIT Sat Sun BEFORE MSG I should get this Fri July 8, 2005 and
Fri July 14, 2006 ... but i don't.  Any ideas?

David F. Skoll | 9 Jun 01:42 2005

Re: Still can't get this one working.

Tildar wrote:
> # schedule week of July 18 + sat before and sun after as holiday
> # this seems to give me what I want

> REM SAT Jul 09 SCANFROM [trigger(today()-28)] SATISFY 1
> REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] *1 UNTIL [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()+8)] SATISFY 1
> OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG MY HOLIDAY 

Won't work.  OMIT will just omit one day.  Trace the flow with -dtx.

You need, unfortunately, to do:

OMIT 18 July 2005
OMIT 19 July 2005
OMIT 20 July 2005
OMIT 21 July 2005
OMIT 22 July 2005
OMIT 23 July 2005

And then this will work:

#  reminder for stuff done on Tuesday, remind before holidays/weekends
REM Tue OMIT Sat Sun BEFORE MSG I should get this Fri July 15

--
David.

Tildar | 9 Jun 16:49 2005
Picon

Re: Still can't get this one working.

OK, I'm trying to be to clever for my own good here it seems.
I will go back and treat each day separately this time, 9 holidays
coming right up. :)
It is unfortunate that OMIT is so limited, but I bet there are good
reasons for it to be that way.

Thanks David, for the help, and the great program.

On 6/8/05, David F. Skoll <dfs@...> wrote:
> Tildar wrote:
> > # schedule week of July 18 + sat before and sun after as holiday
> > # this seems to give me what I want
> 
> > REM SAT Jul 09 SCANFROM [trigger(today()-28)] SATISFY 1
> > REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] *1 UNTIL [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()+8)] SATISFY 1
> > OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG MY HOLIDAY
> 
> Won't work.  OMIT will just omit one day.  Trace the flow with -dtx.
> 
> You need, unfortunately, to do:
> 
> OMIT 18 July 2005
> OMIT 19 July 2005
> OMIT 20 July 2005
> OMIT 21 July 2005
> OMIT 22 July 2005
> OMIT 23 July 2005
> 
> And then this will work:
> 
(Continue reading)

rok3090 | 13 Jun 18:46 2005
Picon

Announcement: pyrem2html release

Dear Remind Fans,

I'm releasing my small rem2html.py python script which can be used to
generate monthly calendars for reminders. This hack is based on the rem2html
perl script from the remind distribution but it provides hooks for
easy CSS customization of generated HTML pages. Two CSS style sheets
are included and also a tiny javascript scriptlet which allows dynamic switching
between the two style sheets.

For a demo please visit htttp://morgan.ucsd.edu/demo/ (this demo page
doesn't have url linked last and next month).

You can download the latest release here:
http://morgan.ucsd.edu/demo/pyrem2html-0.2.1.tar.gz

Thanks,

Robert

Ryan Barrett | 14 Jun 11:10 2005
Picon

multiple months?

hi all. i picked up remind a few days ago as a replacement for my clunky 
birthday reminder script and, i'm sad to say, cron jobs that reminded me 
to pay the rent and other bills. so far, i'm loving it!

given remind's sophisticated date handling, though, i was surprised to 
find that it doesn't support date specs with multiple months. for example, 
this line:

   7 Jan Apr June Sep MSG Prepay estimated income tax

gives this error:

   /home/ryanb/.reminders(22): Month specified twice

i searched the man page, readme, google, and the list archives, but 
couldn't find any way to specify multiple months. sure, i could split it 
up into four separate lines, but that's kind of hackish.

am i missing something obvious? if not, i'm inclined to write a patch to 
allow multiple months in date specs. david, would that be appropriate?

-Ryan

--
http://ryan.barrett.name/

David F. Skoll | 14 Jun 14:38 2005

Re: multiple months?

Ryan Barrett wrote:

> i searched the man page, readme, google, and the list archives, but
> couldn't find any way to specify multiple months. sure, i could split it
> up into four separate lines, but that's kind of hackish.

It's the only way.

Regards,

David.

Ryan Barrett | 15 Jun 00:00 2005
Picon

Re: multiple months?

[cc'ing the list]

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, David F. Skoll wrote:

> (I expect the complexity will be a bit more than you bargained for when you 
> look at the date calculation code. :-) )

ay. you're right, i hadn't bargained for much complexity. i'd hoped it might be 
as easy as, wherever there's a month, change it to a list of months, and check 
each one. that was clearly naive. :P

ah well. i'll use the multiple-line workaround for now. i've added it to my 
wish list, though. maybe i'll get around to it eventually.

http://snarfed.org/space/ideas

-Ryan

p.s. thanks again for a kick-ass utility!

--
http://ryan.barrett.name/


Gmane