Tim Bates | 2 Jun 03:02 2006
Picon

Room admins?

Is it possible to have admins for specific rooms/areas?

**********************************************************************
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
**********************************************************************
Martin Heggli | 7 Jun 07:55 2006
Picon
Picon

(no subject)

Hi Folks

I'm new to MRBS, PHP and MySQL and i would like to know where and how i have to change some code to have a phone
number in the "users list". I need a list containig Name, Email and Phone Number!

Is there a How-To or can someone explain me how to do the changes?

Thanks for your efforts and for this great script!

Greetz, mahe
--

-- 

Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
Martin Heggli | 7 Jun 10:11 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: (no subject)

uuuups, after analysing the edit_user.php i got an idea and added a field called 'phone" manually into the
mysql table - and it works.... so easy!

thnx anyway!

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:55:01 +0200
> Von: Martin Heggli <mahe <at> gmx.net>
> An: mrbs-general <at> lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: [MRBS-general] (no subject)
> 
> Hi Folks
> 
> I'm new to MRBS, PHP and MySQL and i would like to know where and how i 
> have to change some code to have a phone number in the "users list". I
> need 
> a list containig Name, Email and Phone Number!
> 
> Is there a How-To or can someone explain me how to do the changes?
> 
> Thanks for your efforts and for this great script!
> 
> Greetz, mahe
--

-- 

Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
Bergman, Mark | 7 Jun 19:35 2006

software for scheduling nodes in a computer cluster


Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for software that would allow users to reserve 
individual nodes in a computer cluster.

While this is similar to scheduling rooms or other resources, it's impractical 
to assign each node it's own schedule. I'm looking for a way to define 
something like:

	clusterA	8 nodes
	clusterB	16 nodes

So that users can reserve nodes, and the scheduling software will manage the 
number of nodes scheduled per-user, for each time period.

For example:

	Mary reserves 4 nodes on clusterA on Monday from 00:01-4:00

	John reserves 2 nodes on clusterB on Monday from 2:00-10:00

	Susan reserves 12 nodes on clusterB on Mon. from 8:00 to Tues.  <at>  23:59

	Joe is refused a reservation of 8 nodes on clusterB from Monday at 4:00
	to Tuesday at 8:00 because the cluster would be over-subscribed from
	Monday at 8:00 to Tuesday at 8:00.

I don't need to set priorities (first-in, first-out scheduling is fine) or do 
charge back, accounting, or deal with consumables.
(Continue reading)

SoTMaR | 17 Jun 19:22 2006
Picon

Updated Spanish Translation

Hi all.

I installed MRBS a few hours ago and I noticed that some expressions  
from the Spanish translation sounded to me a little bit strange and  
that others were not even translated. I have updated the lang.es file  
translating the expression that were still in English and changing  
others to sound better in Spanish (Spain). I would like to share it  
with everybody but I don't know how I am supposed to do it. Should I  
attach the new lang.es file to an email to the list? Should I send it  
to somebody?

Thank you.

SoTMaR.
Martin Heggli | 21 Jun 09:13 2006
Picon
Picon

Username not editable...

Hi Folks

Hm, is there a way to protect usernames from changing by users? I would like to allow administrators to
create user / usernames and change them as well, but i would like to avoid users changing their own
usernames... Password, Emailadress and so on can be changend by users, no problem. But i like to "lock" the
usernames... Any workaround for this?

Thnx, greetz, Martin
--

-- 

Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft für 0,- Euro*!
"Feel free" mit GMX DSL! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
John Beranek | 22 Jun 16:11 2006
Picon

Re: Updated Spanish Translation

SoTMaR wrote:
> Hi all.
> 
> I installed MRBS a few hours ago and I noticed that some expressions  
> from the Spanish translation sounded to me a little bit strange and  
> that others were not even translated. I have updated the lang.es file  
> translating the expression that were still in English and changing  
> others to sound better in Spanish (Spain). I would like to share it  
> with everybody but I don't know how I am supposed to do it. Should I  
> attach the new lang.es file to an email to the list? Should I send it  
> to somebody?

Many thanks for updating the translation!

You can either send it here, in an attachment, or put it in a support
request on the SourceForge tracker, or email it directly to
me...whatever. :)

John.

--

-- 
John Beranek                         To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/                                 -- William Blake

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
SoTMaR | 22 Jun 18:17 2006
Picon

Re: Updated Spanish Translation

OK.

Here it goes. I hope someone finds it useful.

Thank you.

SoTMaR.

Attachment (lang.es): application/octet-stream, 11 KiB

On 22 June 2006, at 16:11 PM, John Beranek wrote:

> SoTMaR wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I installed MRBS a few hours ago and I noticed that some expressions
>> from the Spanish translation sounded to me a little bit strange and
>> that others were not even translated. I have updated the lang.es file
>> translating the expression that were still in English and changing
>> others to sound better in Spanish (Spain). I would like to share it
>> with everybody but I don't know how I am supposed to do it. Should I
>> attach the new lang.es file to an email to the list? Should I send it
>> to somebody?
>
> Many thanks for updating the translation!
>
> You can either send it here, in an attachment, or put it in a support
> request on the SourceForge tracker, or email it directly to
(Continue reading)

Nils Wiese | 26 Jun 12:40 2006
Picon
Picon

NIS Authentication

Hi all,

we have a central NIS server at our network and I want to use NIS
authentication for MRBS also. Is there a short instruction somewhere,
how to implement this? I just found some useless information at the
manuel (..."Details?") and also just following the comments in
"auth_nis.inc" have not been successful.

When I do that I get the error message:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function yp_match() in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/ssp_ebs/auth_nis.inc on line 49"

Thanks,
Nils

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
John Beranek | 26 Jun 13:36 2006
Picon

Re: NIS Authentication

Nils Wiese wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> we have a central NIS server at our network and I want to use NIS
> authentication for MRBS also. Is there a short instruction somewhere,
> how to implement this? I just found some useless information at the
> manuel (..."Details?")

There is (brief) information about the NIS authentication method in the
AUTHENTICATION document.

> and also just following the comments in
> "auth_nis.inc" have not been successful.
> 
> When I do that I get the error message:
> "Fatal error: Call to undefined function yp_match() in
> /opt/lampp/htdocs/ssp_ebs/auth_nis.inc on line 49"

Well, that looks like you've not got NIS support compiled into your PHP.
To use auth_nis.inc you need the support compiled into your PHP (with
--enable-yp).

Furthermore, as of PHP 5.1.0 it has been taken out of core PHP and moved
to PECL (http://pecl.php.net/package/yp).

Maybe someone could contribute an alternative NIS/PAM/... authentication
plugin for Unix users.  Failing that, I could have a look at the
possible solutions...

John.
(Continue reading)


Gmane