Leonardo Zide | 3 Apr 01:29 2012
Picon

Re: Bug#553311: Debian packaging

Yes, please. A separate utility would be best. Consider that the build
would need to be scriptable.

  I'm working on adding a command line option to build the library so you'll be able to call it from a script.
 
> Also, please use one of the svn tags or the source tgz file for building,
> the svn trunk isn't always the best option.

Ok, do you have suggestions? :)

  Currently the latest version is /tags/leocad-0.76 in svn, which matches the source file on the website leocad-0.76-src.tgz. 

Leonardo

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Larry Bagina | 3 Apr 18:05 2012
Picon

Finally Updated LeoCAD, now it won't load parts library

I downloaded and installed the current Windows build of LeoCAD tonight.  The pieces pane on the right side still shows the various categories, but there are no parts listed.  I've tried to import pieces from the LDraw folder, but I get the message "Failed to open file for writing".


I can open saved files without any issue, and I've checked to make sure none of the files I'm dealing with are set to "read only."


 
-Larry Bagina
_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Leonardo Zide | 3 Apr 23:13 2012
Picon

Re: Finally Updated LeoCAD, now it won't load parts library


  That's strange, I've never seen that happen before. Can you load a model and see it correctly? Does typing something on the parts search box give you any results?

  Usually when you get the "Failed to open file for writing" it's because of Windows User Account Control (UAC) that doesn't allow applications to write to the Program Files folder. You can either run LeoCAD as Administrator to import the pieces or copy the LeoCAD folder from Program Files to your desktop (or any other folder where you can write as a regular user), run it from that folder to import the LDraw files and then copy it back.


On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Larry Bagina <larrybagina-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I downloaded and installed the current Windows build of LeoCAD tonight.  The pieces pane on the right side still shows the various categories, but there are no parts listed.  I've tried to import pieces from the LDraw folder, but I get the message "Failed to open file for writing".

I can open saved files without any issue, and I've checked to make sure none of the files I'm dealing with are set to "read only."


 
-Larry Bagina

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad-KBwQgg6FT4s/11+TDStg7g@public.gmane.org
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad


_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Larry Bagina | 4 Apr 05:39 2012
Picon

Re: Finally Updated LeoCAD, now it won't load parts library

After sending the first email but before receiving a reply, I downloaded the zip file from the website and replaced the existing files with the contents. this removed the error message when I tried to import the parts.  However, this does not fix the original problem.

I can load existing models fine, the minifig wizard works and when I use the insert command, a 1x1 brick shows up.  I tried the search command and it will auto-fill to any part I try to type in just fine, but it won't let me actually access the part.

I could probably have done better to explain how the problem manifests: In the pieces frame, it lists all the different categories as it should, but there is no longer a "+" option to expand any of them and get to the actual parts list.

I no longer believe that the parts library just isn't loaded it. It's there, I loaded it a dozen times between multiple installations.  The interface is just not letting me access it.


On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Leonardo Zide <leozide-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

  That's strange, I've never seen that happen before. Can you load a model and see it correctly? Does typing something on the parts search box give you any results?

  Usually when you get the "Failed to open file for writing" it's because of Windows User Account Control (UAC) that doesn't allow applications to write to the Program Files folder. You can either run LeoCAD as Administrator to import the pieces or copy the LeoCAD folder from Program Files to your desktop (or any other folder where you can write as a regular user), run it from that folder to import the LDraw files and then copy it back.


On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Larry Bagina <larrybagina-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I downloaded and installed the current Windows build of LeoCAD tonight.  The pieces pane on the right side still shows the various categories, but there are no parts listed.  I've tried to import pieces from the LDraw folder, but I get the message "Failed to open file for writing".

I can open saved files without any issue, and I've checked to make sure none of the files I'm dealing with are set to "read only."


 
-Larry Bagina

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad-KBwQgg6FT4uIDo7VEyMWhg@public.gmane.orgorg
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad





--
-Larry Bagina
_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Leonardo Zide | 4 Apr 19:03 2012
Picon

Re: Finally Updated LeoCAD, now it won't load parts library


  What version of Windows are you using? I changed something related to how the categories expand, maybe that's what's causing your problem.


On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Larry Bagina <larrybagina-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
After sending the first email but before receiving a reply, I downloaded the zip file from the website and replaced the existing files with the contents. this removed the error message when I tried to import the parts.  However, this does not fix the original problem.

I can load existing models fine, the minifig wizard works and when I use the insert command, a 1x1 brick shows up.  I tried the search command and it will auto-fill to any part I try to type in just fine, but it won't let me actually access the part.

I could probably have done better to explain how the problem manifests: In the pieces frame, it lists all the different categories as it should, but there is no longer a "+" option to expand any of them and get to the actual parts list.

I no longer believe that the parts library just isn't loaded it. It's there, I loaded it a dozen times between multiple installations.  The interface is just not letting me access it.


On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Leonardo Zide <leozide-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

  That's strange, I've never seen that happen before. Can you load a model and see it correctly? Does typing something on the parts search box give you any results?

  Usually when you get the "Failed to open file for writing" it's because of Windows User Account Control (UAC) that doesn't allow applications to write to the Program Files folder. You can either run LeoCAD as Administrator to import the pieces or copy the LeoCAD folder from Program Files to your desktop (or any other folder where you can write as a regular user), run it from that folder to import the LDraw files and then copy it back.


On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Larry Bagina <larrybagina-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I downloaded and installed the current Windows build of LeoCAD tonight.  The pieces pane on the right side still shows the various categories, but there are no parts listed.  I've tried to import pieces from the LDraw folder, but I get the message "Failed to open file for writing".

I can open saved files without any issue, and I've checked to make sure none of the files I'm dealing with are set to "read only."


 
-Larry Bagina

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad-KBwQgg6FT4uIDo7VEyMWhg@public.gmane.orgorg
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad





--
-Larry Bagina

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Rob B | 5 Apr 00:40 2012
Picon

(unknown)

i cannot load any parts, the categories show up, but when i try to load a library, nothings happens?
_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Larry Bagina | 5 Apr 00:44 2012
Picon

Re:

The temporary fix I've found is in the Pieces frame, Right Click>New Category, then name the category whichever one you're trying to access (Animal, Round, etc). Sadly, this will reset when you exit the program.


On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Rob B <brob3523-/E1597aS9LQ@public.gmane.orgm> wrote:
i cannot load any parts, the categories show up, but when i try to load a library, nothings happens?

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad-KBwQgg6FT4s/11+TDStg7g@public.gmane.org
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad




--
-Larry Bagina
_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Leonardo Zide | 5 Apr 03:58 2012
Picon

Re:


  I think I found the problem, when you have a chance can you see if it's fixed in http://leozide.com/~leo/leocad-test.zip ?


On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Larry Bagina <larrybagina-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
The temporary fix I've found is in the Pieces frame, Right Click>New Category, then name the category whichever one you're trying to access (Animal, Round, etc). Sadly, this will reset when you exit the program.


On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Rob B <brob3523-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
i cannot load any parts, the categories show up, but when i try to load a library, nothings happens?

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad-KBwQgg6FT4uIDo7VEyMWhg@public.gmane.orgorg
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad




--
-Larry Bagina

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad-KBwQgg6FT4s/11+TDStg7g@public.gmane.org
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad


_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
Leonardo Zide | 5 Apr 23:39 2012
Picon

New LeoCAD version


  I've uploaded a new version to the website, the only change is that it fixes a bug where piece categories wouldn't expand on some Windows computers.

  You can download the new setup file from http://www.leocad.org/files/

_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad
konstantin rusev | 8 Apr 15:13 2012
Picon

LeoCAD - export problem

I have a problem when exporting pieces (even alone because I think this is because of too big objects) in wavefront (.obj) format and can't load them in my 3D editing program.
The ability to export in this format is the main reason I use LeoCAD.
If anyone knows a solution, please share.

Thanks in advance!
_______________________________________________
Leocad mailing list
Leocad@...
https://list.gerf.org/listinfo/leocad

Gmane