Lawrence Shafer | 1 Sep 03:05 2007
Picon

Re: Error while compiling, and helping out

We would be glad to have your help on the wiki! I basicaly layed out the 
wiki format and entered as much content as I could just to get things 
started, but I too am not so good with C++ so my contributions kinda 
stop there... The home page is in Jason Lucas' hands, so you will have 
to talk to him about that. KTechlab has a lot of lip service, but not 
many dedicated devs, maintainers, etc. If you are truly interested in 
helping, I'm sure Jason would be more than glad to have you work on some 
of this stuff.

Lawrence Shafer
(wiki maintainer)

Anton Brondz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been looking for a circuit drawing app and found KTechLab,
> unfortunately, I couldn't compile it and got this error:
>
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/qt -I.
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long
> -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align
> -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith
> -Wwrite-strings -O2 -O -march=i486 -pipe -DPIC -fPIC -Os
> -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions
> -fno-check-new -fno-common -fexceptions  -c -o btreebase.o `test -f
> 'btreebase.cpp' || echo './'`btreebase.cpp
> pic14.h:99: error: extra qualification 'PIC14::' on member 'PIC14'
> make[2]: *** [btreebase.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ktechlab-0.3/microbe'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
(Continue reading)

Julian Bäume | 1 Sep 11:25 2007
Picon

Re: Error while compiling, and helping out

On Saturday 01 September 2007 Lawrence Shafer wrote:
> We would be glad to have your help on the wiki! I basicaly layed out the
> wiki format and entered as much content as I could just to get things
> started, but I too am not so good with C++ so my contributions kinda
> stop there...  The home page is in Jason Lucas' hands, so you will have 
> to talk to him about that. 
> KTechlab has a lot of lip service, but not 
> many dedicated devs, maintainers, etc. 
I'd really like do contribute my cpp knowledge to ktechlab. I also sent a 
patch for a problem Jason mentioned in an e-mail months ago, but there's been 
no answer or ci to the svn. Am I missing something? At the moment, I'm a 
little bit busy with lerning for an exam, but after that, I planned starting 
to work on ktechlab. I thought about some experimental things with kde4 
library stuff, to start a port to the new libs in the future.

bye then
julian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________
Ktechlab-devel mailing list
Ktechlab-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ktechlab-devel
(Continue reading)

Chitlesh GOORAH | 10 Sep 19:50 2007
Picon

you have patches ?

Hello there,

The svn snapshot wasn't updated since a long long time. It's still with 
revision 18.

Some of my contributions (passed though Jason) wasn't even included.

So I'm asking, if anyone had some work that haven't pushed in the svn 
snapshot, please do post on the mailing list.

At least some work will still be available.

Jason, can you grant me svn write access please?

regards,
Chitlesh
--

-- 
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Ktechlab-devel mailing list
Ktechlab-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ktechlab-devel
(Continue reading)

Julian Bäume | 10 Sep 20:30 2007
Picon

files in svn, that shouldn't be there

Hi again,
I just stumbled over some files that shouldn't be in svn. All these Makefiles 
should be generated by configure, i guess... And some more files aren't 
needed.

So this should be cleaned up.

bye
julian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Ktechlab-devel mailing list
Ktechlab-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ktechlab-devel
Julian Bäume | 10 Sep 20:27 2007
Picon

Re: you have patches ?

Hi there!

On Monday 10 September 2007 Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> The svn snapshot wasn't updated since a long long time. It's still with
> revision 18.
>
> Some of my contributions (passed though Jason) wasn't even included.
>
> So I'm asking, if anyone had some work that haven't pushed in the svn
> snapshot, please do post on the mailing list.
Just the patch i did submit some weeks ago... Don't know, what happened to it.

> At least some work will still be available.
Can you be a bit more specific? May be, I can help out somewhere?

> regards,
> Chitlesh
bye
julian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Ktechlab-devel mailing list
(Continue reading)

Chitlesh GOORAH | 10 Sep 22:09 2007
Picon

FEL: marketing opensource EDAs

Hello there,

I'm looking for promotional materials about ktechlab or any opensource that I 
could use for my new project "Fedora Electronic Lab".

Let me explain in more details:

Some may know I was working on providing alliance and pharosc on the next 
Fedora 8 (for november).

My initial objectives were the Introduction to Application-Specific Integrated  
Circuit (ASIC) Design Flow and the required tools available on the Fedora  
Collection for ASIC Design Flow (for Micro-Nano Electronic Engineering) and  
at the same time ensuring interoperability between packages.

After receiving some feedbacks from the fedora community, the objectives got  
wider till a point that it was tagged with a name "Fedora Electronic Lab". 
Now the latter covers every package for electronic simulation available under 
the fedora umbrella. Last week, "Fedora Electronic Lab" was approved to be a 
_feature_ for Fedora 8.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraElectronicLab

Fedora will be releasing customized livecd (and installable) only for 
this FEL. If fedora does, then alliance will be on the livecd ! Unfortunately 
pharosc is too huge [1] to fit in the livecd but will be available via yum.

some work has already been started:
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-his-fedora-electronic-lab.html

(Continue reading)

Chitlesh GOORAH | 10 Sep 22:00 2007
Picon

Re: you have patches ?

On Monday 10 September 2007 20:27:43 Julian Bäume wrote:
> Just the patch i did submit some weeks ago... Don't know, what happened to
> it.

Can you send it again to this mailing list? sounds like Jason didn't commit to 
svn yet.

> > At least some work will still be available.
>
> Can you be a bit more specific? May be, I can help out somewhere?

Well, since some patches sent during the last 2 months aren't committed to 
svn, no one else has a copy of those patches. So if contributors send their 
patches on this mailing list, so every might have a copy thus encouraging 
more contributions from others.

The next step to do is to port ktechlab to kde4. Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy 
with fedora electronic lab to spare some time in porting. But for testing I'm 
here.

I'll send a mail later on describing my new project "fedora electronic lab". 
Perhaps you might be interested.

Chitlesh
--

-- 
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
(Continue reading)

Julian Bäume | 11 Sep 06:50 2007
Picon

Re: you have patches ?

On Monday 10 September 2007 Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Monday 10 September 2007 20:27:43 Julian Bäume wrote:
> > Just the patch i did submit some weeks ago... Don't know, what happened
> > to it.
>
> Can you send it again to this mailing list? sounds like Jason didn't commit
> to svn yet.
Ok, it's attached.
This patch makes the pins of a PIC component be "clickable" again. So one is 
able to set the IO Ports of the PIC in a point and click way.

> > > At least some work will still be available.
> >
> > Can you be a bit more specific? May be, I can help out somewhere?
> The next step to do is to port ktechlab to kde4. Unfortunately, I'm a bit
> busy with fedora electronic lab to spare some time in porting. But for
> testing I'm here.
Well, as i mentioned before on this list, I'm playing around with Qt4 at the 
moment to see, how the QGraphicsView can be of use, allways with the 
intention to get the most out of it for ktechlab. (Well, actually it's not 
playing ;) I'm working on a project for my studies, nothing to do with 
electronics, but anyway, scientific sector (matlab<->Qt interface)... hehe)

> I'll send a mail later on describing my new project "fedora electronic
> lab". Perhaps you might be interested.
I'm excited to see, what you're doing.

bye
julian
(Continue reading)

Jason Lucas | 11 Sep 19:18 2007

Re: you have patches ?

Sorry Guys,

I've hardly been near my computer for the past couple of months. Other
things to do. I'll be able to spend more time on the project during
autumn and winter.

Chitlesh, I'll set you up with svn access, but I'll need to know your
SourceForge user name in order to do so.

Jason.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
Chitlesh GOORAH | 11 Sep 19:56 2007
Picon

Re: you have patches ?

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 19:18:12 Jason Lucas wrote:
> I've hardly been near my computer for the past couple of months. Other
> things to do. I'll be able to spend more time on the project during
> autumn and winter.

Nice to see you are still around :)

> Chitlesh, I'll set you up with svn access, but I'll need to know your
> SourceForge user name in order to do so.

Clunixchit
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/

Gmane