Olaf Hochherz | 1 Jun 01:33 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc


> how would you use sclang in NRT? NRT is pretty much a server side  
> operation. sclang sometimes helps by writing Score objects out to OSC  
> binary files, and of course compiles synthdefs, but that's about it.  

more like:
a=SoundFile.load("test.wav");
a=a+a;
a.write("test-out.wav");

> Once NRT begins, it is on a server, completely disconnected from the  
> language side of things.

ok, but i meant something different.
more like 

buffer.edit(outbuffer_id,{dothis});

> As far as buffers on the server, you would want to do this inside a  
> UGen. 

no because than it would be realtime.

> You can also  
> allocate on the server side inside a UGen.

not not enough

> 
> What kinds of processing do you want to do? Is it actual signal  
(Continue reading)

Joshua Parmenter | 1 Jun 02:01 2006

Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc



On May 31, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Olaf Hochherz wrote:

for me signal processing (in the way sc is usable for this) is not so important, 

i whant to analyse information out of samples and transform the sample

(... analyse the sample as set of periodes 

and write them sorted in a buffer

...

find patterns in the sample and write only certain parts of it into a buffer.

)


Do you mean doing things with the FFT functions?

When you say certain parts, do you mean certain frequencies? 

josh

_______________________________________________
sc-dev mailing list
sc-dev@...
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/mailman/listinfo/sc-dev
Joshua Parmenter | 1 Jun 02:10 2006

Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc

Also... take a look at the Signal class... this may be more what you are looking for.

Josh

******************************************
Joshua Parmenter
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195



On May 31, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Joshua Parmenter wrote:



On May 31, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Olaf Hochherz wrote:

for me signal processing (in the way sc is usable for this) is not so important, 
i whant to analyse information out of samples and transform the sample
(... analyse the sample as set of periodes 
and write them sorted in a buffer
...
find patterns in the sample and write only certain parts of it into a buffer.
)

Do you mean doing things with the FFT functions?

When you say certain parts, do you mean certain frequencies? 

josh

_______________________________________________
sc-dev mailing list

_______________________________________________
sc-dev mailing list
sc-dev@...
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/mailman/listinfo/sc-dev
Arie van Schutterhoef | 1 Jun 02:18 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc

>i whant to analyse information out of samples and transform the sample
>(... analyse the sample as set of periodes 
>and write them sorted in a buffer
>find patterns in the sample and write only certain parts of it into a buffer.
-Perhaps:"Wavesets
 A simple analysis class for Waveset Synthesis
 a la Trevor Wishart, by Alberto de Campo, adc@..."
 might be convenient:
 http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/183

AvS

  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.....................................................................

  `    |Schreck Ensemble    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +

    `  |# -laboratory for live electro-acoustic music- #            |
       |             http://www.schreck.nl/                         |
       |             http://www.xs4all.nl/~schreck/                 |
     ` *===========================================================++
     ` |Compositions http://www.xs4all.nl/~schreck/html/compo.html  |
     ` |Samples      http://www.xs4all.nl/~schreck/html/samp.html   |
     ` |Patches      http://www.xs4all.nl/~schreck/html/pat.html    |
     ` |Videos       http://www.xs4all.nl/~schreck/html/video.html  |

     ` |Scores       http://www.xs4all.nl/~schreck/html/scores.html |

       *===========================================================++
  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.....................................................................
olaf hochherz | 1 Jun 10:32 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc

yes, again not realy.
beacause: it's still realtime, you cant sort a soundfile in this 
structure, you cant generate metadata.
because of the difference between sclang and the server.

a good thing would be to be able to use the language to do manipulate 
buffers on the server.

b = Buffer.read(s, "sounds/a11wlk01.wav");
c = Buffer.alloc(s,44100 * 8.0,2);
b.modify(c,{arg arr; arr.pyramid(1)});
or
c.fill(b,{arg arr; arr.pyramid(1)});

for this you would need something like sclang on the server and this 
would be asynchrone.
... or something else.

Arie van Schutterhoef wrote:
>>i whant to analyse information out of samples and transform the sample
>>(... analyse the sample as set of periodes 
>>and write them sorted in a buffer
>>find patterns in the sample and write only certain parts of it into a buffer.
> 
> -Perhaps:"Wavesets
>  A simple analysis class for Waveset Synthesis
>  a la Trevor Wishart, by Alberto de Campo, adc@..."
>  might be convenient:
>  http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/183
> 
> AvS
crucial felix | 1 Jun 12:59 2006

svn commits to mailing list ?


Should we have the commits ( with diffs ) sent to the dev list  
automatically ?

I don't see the need to set up a separate mailing list.

You can set up a filter in your mailer to put them in a folder if you  
like.

re: mixed line endings.  Its possible to add a hook to svn commit  
that would reject files with mixed line endings.

-cx
stefan kersten | 1 Jun 13:43 2006
Picon

Re: svn commits to mailing list ?

crucial felix wrote:
> Should we have the commits ( with diffs ) sent to the dev list
> automatically ?
> 
> I don't see the need to set up a separate mailing list.
>
> You can set up a filter in your mailer to put them in a
> folder if you like.

fine with me.

> re: mixed line endings.  Its possible to add a hook to svn
> commit that would reject files with mixed line endings.

great! now who's reading the documentation :)

<sk>
Joshua Parmenter | 1 Jun 14:42 2006

Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc

Once again... did you look at Signal?

Josh

******************************************
Joshua Parmenter
joshp <at> u.washington.edu
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and  
Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:32 AM, olaf hochherz wrote:

> yes, again not realy.
> beacause: it's still realtime, you cant sort a soundfile in this  
> structure, you cant generate metadata.
> because of the difference between sclang and the server.
>
> a good thing would be to be able to use the language to do  
> manipulate buffers on the server.
>
> b = Buffer.read(s, "sounds/a11wlk01.wav");
> c = Buffer.alloc(s,44100 * 8.0,2);
> b.modify(c,{arg arr; arr.pyramid(1)});
> or
> c.fill(b,{arg arr; arr.pyramid(1)});
>
> for this you would need something like sclang on the server and  
> this would be asynchrone.
> ... or something else.
>
>
>
> Arie van Schutterhoef wrote:
>>> i whant to analyse information out of samples and transform the  
>>> sample
>>> (... analyse the sample as set of periodes and write them sorted  
>>> in a buffer
>>> find patterns in the sample and write only certain parts of it  
>>> into a buffer.
>> -Perhaps:"Wavesets
>>  A simple analysis class for Waveset Synthesis
>>  a la Trevor Wishart, by Alberto de Campo, adc@..."
>>  might be convenient:
>>  http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/183
>> AvS
> _______________________________________________
> sc-dev mailing list
> sc-dev@...
> http://www.create.ucsb.edu/mailman/listinfo/sc-dev
Charlls Quarra | 1 Jun 23:29 2006
Picon

Re: Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc

Someone at some point wrote:


> You can also
> allocate on the server side inside a UGen.
Sorry, but how do you allocate a buffer inside a ugen? is that what you mean? no idea you could do that

__________________________________________________
Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

_______________________________________________
sc-dev mailing list
sc-dev@...
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/mailman/listinfo/sc-dev
Joshua Parmenter | 1 Jun 23:41 2006

Re: non-realtime-sound-prozessing in sc

No... I meant you can allocate memory (from the real-time pool) in  
the UGen. The original question was talking about doing manipulation  
on data in an array, which can be a pointer allocated from RTAlloc

Josh

******************************************
Joshua Parmenter
joshp <at> u.washington.edu
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and  
Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

On Jun 1, 2006, at 2:29 PM, Charlls Quarra wrote:

> Someone at some point wrote:
>
> > You can also
> > allocate on the server side inside a UGen.
> Sorry, but how do you allocate a buffer inside a ugen? is that what  
> you mean? no idea you could do that
>
> __________________________________________________
> Correo Yahoo!
> Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
> ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar
>
> _______________________________________________
> sc-dev mailing list
> sc-dev@...
> http://www.create.ucsb.edu/mailman/listinfo/sc-dev

Gmane