bl4 | 4 Jul 10:54 2010

sox FAIL ladspa: could not open LADSPA plugin

I have SoX 14.3.1 compiled from source on debian stable. I want to use a 
ladspa plugin:

sox a.wav b.wav ladspa /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so mbeq -0.8 -1.3 -1.7 
-3 ...

I get an error:

sox FAIL ladspa: could not open LADSPA plugin /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so

The path is correct and the plugin is good since I can use it in other 
applications. If I understand correctly, the problem is in ladspa.c 
function sox_ladspa_getopts. It calls lt_dlopenext which returns null. 
libltdl-dev is installed and the configure script picked it up. I tried 
to call lt_dlerror after lt_dlopenext, it should return an error string 
but it also returns null.

--

-- 
bl4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
Pascal Giard | 5 Jul 20:04 2010
Picon

Re: sox FAIL ladspa: could not open LADSPA plugin

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 4:54 AM, bl4 <bl4.929b <at> playker.info> wrote:
> I have SoX 14.3.1 compiled from source on debian stable. I want to use a
> ladspa plugin:
>
> sox a.wav b.wav ladspa /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so mbeq -0.8 -1.3 -1.7
> -3 ...
>
> I get an error:
>
> sox FAIL ladspa: could not open LADSPA plugin /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so

Can you try the following:
sox a.wav b.wav ladspa mbeq_1197 -0.8 -1.3 -1.7 -3...

On my side I keep getting segfaults on using that tho...

See log attached.

-Pascal
--

-- 
Homepage (http://organact.mine.nu)
Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org)
COMunité/LACIME: École de technologie supérieure (http://www.comunite.ca)
Attachment (err): application/octet-stream, 20 KiB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
(Continue reading)

bl4 | 6 Jul 05:32 2010

Re: sox FAIL ladspa: could not open LADSPA plugin

Pascal Giard wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 4:54 AM, bl4 <bl4.929b <at> playker.info> wrote:
>> I have SoX 14.3.1 compiled from source on debian stable. I want to use a
>> ladspa plugin:
>>
>> sox a.wav b.wav ladspa /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so mbeq -0.8 -1.3 -1.7
>> -3 ...
>>
>> I get an error:
>>
>> sox FAIL ladspa: could not open LADSPA plugin /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so
> 
> Can you try the following:
> sox a.wav b.wav ladspa mbeq_1197 -0.8 -1.3 -1.7 -3...

Same error, could not open LADSPA plugin.

> On my side I keep getting segfaults on using that tho...

I tried on ubuntu 9.10 and also get segfaults.

Anyway, I found a solution. According to the libltdl documentation at 
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Libltdl-interface.html 
lt_dlinit must be called before using libltdl. I have added it as seen 
in the attached diff.

Now the ladspa plugin works on both systems, no more error or segfault. 
The full command I used:

sox -V a.wav b.wav ladspa /usr/lib/ladspa/mbeq_1197.so mbeq -2 -3 -3 -6 
(Continue reading)

msaun76 | 6 Jul 13:12 2010

with_waveaudio in Windows


Documentation states that to enable the waveaudio device driver in SoX,
./configure must be run with the --"with-waveaudio" option. How is this done
on Windows? I'm currently using cmake . and then building from Visual
Studio.

Alternatively, is there a way to hardcode this option in the configuration
or make file?

Thanks!
--

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/with_waveaudio-in-Windows-tp29084243p29084243.html
Sent from the SoX mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
cobra.yu | 8 Jul 06:37 2010
Picon

Undefined symbols in libsox.a

Dear All,

        I built sox-14.3.1 in msys+mingw w/o Cygwin. Though I found a libsox.a (about 2MB) in src/.libs and used it to link to my program, linking errors occurred! There are so many "undefined symbols", like ". I used "nm" to check libsox.a,  a lot of "u" appeared. Why? Any suggestions are welcome. Tks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Sox-users mailing list
Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users
msaun76 | 8 Jul 14:34 2010

Re: with_waveaudio in Windows


For others with a similar problem, I've compiled SoX with cygwin and added
the cygwin DLLs to the Windows path. Although this is far from elegant, it
works.

msaun76 wrote:
> 
> Documentation states that to enable the waveaudio device driver in SoX,
> ./configure must be run with the --"with-waveaudio" option. How is this
> done on Windows? I'm currently using cmake . and then building from Visual
> Studio.
> 
--

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/with_waveaudio-in-Windows-tp29084243p29106547.html
Sent from the SoX mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
Chris Bagwell | 8 Jul 17:53 2010

Re: Undefined symbols in libsox.a

Try deleting sox.exe, recompling, and look at libraries linked into sox.exe.  Your app needs same libraries.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:37 PM, cobra.yu <cobra.yu <at> hyweb.com.tw> wrote:

Dear All,

        I built sox-14.3.1 in msys+mingw w/o Cygwin. Though I found a libsox.a (about 2MB) in src/.libs and used it to link to my program, linking errors occurred! There are so many "undefined symbols", like ". I used "nm" to check libsox.a,  a lot of "u" appeared. Why? Any suggestions are welcome. Tks.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Sox-users mailing list
Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Sox-users mailing list
Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users
Mohit Mittal | 13 Jul 08:57 2010
Picon

How to convert mp3 ogg vobis and wma to wav

Hi

I am running Windows 7 and want to convert mp3, ogg, wma etc formats to wav format. Can you please suggest how can I do it using sox command line utility. When I run "sox sample.mp3 sample.wav", I get that it needs libmad but even if i keep the dll for same in the same folder, it does not work. Other formats are also not supported, it says unknown format. How can I do it, any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Sox-users mailing list
Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users
bet hec han gey ouw ant toc | 13 Jul 18:55 2010
Picon

using sox to record on a mac? / timelapse audio


working on a script to record short snippets of audio every once in a while and then combine.
can't seem to get the recording working on the mac. maybe i have to correctly point it to the right audio source. i see something about setting AUDIODEV in the man pages but not sure how to get to this on a mac. any tips?

<code>
while [ 1 ]
do
let "counter=counter+1"
echo $counter
sox -d -c 2 snip${counter:1}.wav trim 0 5
sleep 10
done
</code>
<output>
10001

Input File     : 'default' (coreaudio)
Channels       : 2
Sample Rate    : 44100
Precision      : 16-bit
Sample Encoding: 16-bit Signed Integer PCM

In:0.00% 00:00:00.00 [00:00:00.00] Out:0     [      |      ]        Clip:0   
Done.
10002

...

</output>

and all the wav files are empty.

related: a previous timelapse audio script for processing already recorded files is here:
http://plainfront.wordpress.com/2010/01/16/experiments-with-timelapse-and-audio/


thanks,
dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Sox-users mailing list
Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users
Chris Bagwell | 13 Jul 20:06 2010

Re: using sox to record on a mac? / timelapse audio

I do not think recording works on OSX... The hardware I developed
software on did not have a working recording device and I just took a
guess at how to do it.

Hopefully a programmer with access will eventually step in.  For one
thing, we are not setting audio properties for correct channel #'s or
sample rate.

This may be confusing things... Maybe you'll get lucky if you first
run another recording application using correct sample size, rate, and
channels and the audio device may default to re-using those settings
when you run SoX.

Also, running "rec -V10 test.wav" may enable some debug messages that
are useful to isolating the problem.

AUDIODEV is currently not supported on OSX.  That could also be part
of the problem if you have multiple recording devices.

Chris

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:55 AM, bet hec han gey ouw ant toc
<sixmilliondollardan <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> working on a script to record short snippets of audio every once in a while
> and then combine.
> can't seem to get the recording working on the mac. maybe i have to
> correctly point it to the right audio source. i see something about setting
> AUDIODEV in the man pages but not sure how to get to this on a mac. any
> tips?
>
> <code>
> while [ 1 ]
> do
> let "counter=counter+1"
> echo $counter
> sox -d -c 2 snip${counter:1}.wav trim 0 5
> sleep 10
> done
> </code>
> <output>
> 10001
>
> Input File     : 'default' (coreaudio)
> Channels       : 2
> Sample Rate    : 44100
> Precision      : 16-bit
> Sample Encoding: 16-bit Signed Integer PCM
>
> In:0.00% 00:00:00.00 [00:00:00.00] Out:0     [      |      ]
> Clip:0
> Done.
> 10002
>
> ...
>
> </output>
>
> and all the wav files are empty.
>
> related: a previous timelapse audio script for processing already recorded
> files is here:
> http://plainfront.wordpress.com/2010/01/16/experiments-with-timelapse-and-audio/
>
>
> thanks,
> dan
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
> What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
> Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
> _______________________________________________
> Sox-users mailing list
> Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first

Gmane