WBX | 1 Jun 12:15 2010
Picon

Get sox_format_t from sample buffer


Hi all.

Currently I'm trying to develop and application capable of encoding CVSD
audio bytes to mp3 ones using libsox. The problem is that CVSD bytes are
being stored on an input circular buffer from a multicast client, so there
are no audio files.

Looking on example1 as first approach and considering a producer-consumer
pattern, I would like to know how can I get a "sox_format_t *" associated to
an input circular buffer which isn't assoiated to any file and which
elements are just "char *" associated to a simple audio word (16 bits) each
one.

Any idea would be apppreciated.

Thanks in advance.

   Willy
--

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Get-sox_format_t-from-sample-buffer-tp28739881p28739881.html
Sent from the SoX mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TJF | 1 Jun 15:49 2010
Picon

Re: Unknown chunk marker in WAV

Processing these things in memory (on the fly - resampling): Is there 
any advantage to do that in an other lossless format ("sox" i.e.)? Input 
"wav" could be handled in another lossless format, because there is no 
output-file!

Any advice?

Regards
Thomas

Chris Bagwell schrieb:
> Did you close the file?  Its very important to properly close WAV 
> files because it updates the header with important information only 
> known at end-of-file.
>
> Chris
>
>
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 1:44 AM, TJF <tjfoerster <at> web.de 
> <mailto:tjfoerster <at> web.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     has no one an idea how to generate a correct 88200/32 wav file
>     with libsox?
>
>     The batch command generates a correct file (s.b.):
>     sox input.wav -b 32 output.wav rate -v 88200
>
>     Regards
(Continue reading)

Jan Stary | 1 Jun 17:00 2010
Picon

Re: Get sox_format_t from sample buffer

On Jun 01 03:15:09, WBX wrote:
> Currently I'm trying to develop and application capable of encoding CVSD
> audio bytes to mp3 ones using libsox.

There already is an application that does this, namely, sox.
According to the soxformat(7) manpage, CVSD is supported
since at least 14.2.0.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan Stary | 1 Jun 17:02 2010
Picon

Re: Get sox_format_t from sample buffer

On Jun 01 03:15:09, WBX wrote:
> 
> Looking on example1 as first approach and considering a producer-consumer
> pattern, I would like to know how can I get a "sox_format_t *" associated to
> an input circular buffer which isn't assoiated to any file and which
> elements are just "char *" associated to a simple audio word (16 bits) each
> one.

See ./src/cvsd*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WBX | 1 Jun 18:10 2010
Picon

Re: Get sox_format_t from sample buffer


If I'm right all entries on file on cvsd.h get sox_format_t * as input
parameter among others, and that exactly my initial problem.

I guess I missing something before that, any advice.

Thanks!

Jan Stary wrote:
> 
> On Jun 01 03:15:09, WBX wrote:
>> 
>> Looking on example1 as first approach and considering a producer-consumer
>> pattern, I would like to know how can I get a "sox_format_t *" associated
>> to
>> an input circular buffer which isn't assoiated to any file and which
>> elements are just "char *" associated to a simple audio word (16 bits)
>> each
>> one.
> 
> See ./src/cvsd*
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sox-users mailing list
> Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users
> 
(Continue reading)

pj | 3 Jun 10:19 2010
Picon

WARN alsa: under-run

Greetings...

When, still using sox 14.3.0, I run:

  sox --buffer 1024 -c 2 -e s -t alsa hw:4,0 -d

(hw:4,0 being my Zoom G1u, effectively a USB sound card)
I get regular

  sox WARN alsa: under-run

warnings, perhaps a few every minute. Does this mean anything ?
Is anything at fault ?

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au       pj <at> pjb.com.au      (03) 6278 9410
"Was der Meister nicht kann,   vermöcht es der Knabe, hätt er
 ihm immer gehorcht?"   Siegfried to Mime, from Act 1 Scene 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate 
GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the 
lucky parental unit.  See the prize list and enter to win: 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo
_______________________________________________
Sox-users mailing list
Sox-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users
(Continue reading)

TJF | 4 Jun 14:07 2010
Picon

libsox - flac

Hi,

using libsox in my audio-api is working playing "*.wav" - but not with 
"*.flac". I get this message (Win):

"formats: no handler for detected file type `flac'"

Any idea, what is missing?

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Thomas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate 
GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the 
lucky parental unit.  See the prize list and enter to win: 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo
Jan Stary | 4 Jun 14:15 2010
Picon

Re: libsox - flac

On Jun 04 14:07:33, TJF wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> using libsox in my audio-api is working playing "*.wav" - but not with 
> "*.flac". I get this message (Win):
> 
> "formats: no handler for detected file type `flac'"
> 
> Any idea, what is missing?

A handler for flac, probably.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate 
GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the 
lucky parental unit.  See the prize list and enter to win: 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo
Fmiser | 4 Jun 20:42 2010
Picon

Re: libsox - flac

> > On Jun 04 14:07:33, TJF wrote:

> > using libsox in my audio-api is working playing "*.wav" -
> > but not with "*.flac". I get this message (Win):
> > 
> > "formats: no handler for detected file type `flac'"
> > 
> > Any idea, what is missing?

> Jan Stary wrote:
> 
> A handler for flac, probably.

I don't know about MS Win, but in Linux, running the command
"sox" by itself it prints out a list of file formats - among
other info.

--   Philip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate 
GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the 
lucky parental unit.  See the prize list and enter to win: 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo
TJF | 4 Jun 21:05 2010
Picon

Re: libsox - flac

I've built meanwhile these bin and libs (i.e.) libFLAC_static.lib ... 
But I am not shure how to integrate this in sox ...

Thanks
Thomas

Fmiser schrieb:
>>> On Jun 04 14:07:33, TJF wrote:
>>>       
>
>   
>>> using libsox in my audio-api is working playing "*.wav" -
>>> but not with "*.flac". I get this message (Win):
>>>
>>> "formats: no handler for detected file type `flac'"
>>>
>>> Any idea, what is missing?
>>>       
>
>   
>> Jan Stary wrote:
>>
>> A handler for flac, probably.
>>     
>
> I don't know about MS Win, but in Linux, running the command
> "sox" by itself it prints out a list of file formats - among
> other info.
>
> --   Philip
(Continue reading)


Gmane