JU | 1 Dec 18:24 2004
Picon
Picon

PortAudios guts

I'm wondering what PortAudio uses for its guts. What does it talk to get 
done what it needs? ie audacity talks to port audio.

Thanks,
Jon

Remember the three most important questions: Who you are? Why you are here? 
Where you are going? 
Chris Share | 6 Dec 18:07 2004
Picon
Picon

Building Portaudio .dll Problem

Hi,

I'd like to build the Portaudio .dll so that I can call it from a Java 
application using JNI.

I'm using the latest CVS version of Portaudio under Windows XP.

In "portaudio\pa_win\msvc" the readme says that I need to execute 
"makefile.msvc".

I've tried doing this however I get the following error:

C:\Programming\Portaudio CVS\portaudio\pa_win\msvc>nmake makefile.msvc

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

        cl.exe /nologo /MD  /W3 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /I "src" /I "Win32" /I 
"\Include" /
D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG"  /D "_USRDLL"   /YX /FD /I ".\host" /I ".\host\pc" 
/I ".\c
ommon" /Fo".\combase.obj" /c ".\common\combase.cpp"
combase.cpp
c:\Programming\Portaudio CVS\portaudio\pa_win\msvc\common\combase.h(221) 
: error
 C2373: 'InterlockedIncrement' : redefinition; different type modifiers
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 
2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Inclu
de\WinBase.h(1298) : see declaration of 'InterlockedIncrement'
c:\Programming\Portaudio CVS\portaudio\pa_win\msvc\common\combase.h(221) 
(Continue reading)

David Viens | 6 Dec 18:32 2004

Re: Building Portaudio .dll Problem

Hi there.

  Hum dont know whats happening there,  i still use VC6 and it compiles fine
here.  But since it cries out in the ASIO example sources, maybe browse the
the asio mailing list for VC7.1 include compatibility.

David

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to build the Portaudio .dll so that I can call it from a Java 
> application using JNI.
>
> I'm using the latest CVS version of Portaudio under Windows XP.
>
> In "portaudio\pa_win\msvc" the readme says that I need to execute 
> "makefile.msvc".
>
> I've tried doing this however I get the following error:
>
>
> C:\Programming\Portaudio CVS\portaudio\pa_win\msvc>nmake makefile.msvc
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>        cl.exe /nologo /MD  /W3 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /I "src" /I "Win32" /I 
> "\Include" /
> D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG"  /D "_USRDLL"   /YX /FD /I ".\host" /I 
> ".\host\pc" /I ".\c
(Continue reading)

Olivier Tristan | 6 Dec 19:01 2004

Re: Building Portaudio .dll Problem

Chris Share wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to build the Portaudio .dll so that I can call it from a Java 
> application using JNI.
>
> I'm using the latest CVS version of Portaudio under Windows XP.
>
> In "portaudio\pa_win\msvc" the readme says that I need to execute 
> "makefile.msvc".
>
> I've tried doing this however I get the following error:
>
>
> C:\Programming\Portaudio CVS\portaudio\pa_win\msvc>nmake makefile.msvc
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>        cl.exe /nologo /MD  /W3 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /I "src" /I "Win32" /I 
> "\Include" /
> D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG"  /D "_USRDLL"   /YX /FD /I ".\host" /I 
> ".\host\pc" /I ".\c
> ommon" /Fo".\combase.obj" /c ".\common\combase.cpp"
> combase.cpp
> c:\Programming\Portaudio 
> CVS\portaudio\pa_win\msvc\common\combase.h(221) : error
> C2373: 'InterlockedIncrement' : redefinition; different type modifiers
>        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 
(Continue reading)

Chris Share | 6 Dec 19:48 2004
Picon
Picon

Another Problem Building Portaudio .dll

Hi,

I commented out the offending lines of code as suggested.

Now I'm getting the following error:

Creating library .\portaudio.lib and object .\portaudio.exp
pa_win_hostapis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PaWinWdm_Initia
lize
portaudio.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

I suspect that this is due to the new WDM_KS driver.

What's the best way to remove this without breaking anything else?

Cheers,

Chris
Matthew Marks | 1 Dec 18:52 2004
Picon
Picon

MaxOutputChannels reported as zero on MacOS X, V18

Hello.  I've searched your mailing list archive and I don't think this is 
mentioned - apologies if I missed it.

I've compiled an app, so far on x86 Linux (SuSE 9.2 - kernel 2.6.something) 
and MacOS X (Panther; kernel 7.6.0).

On Linux, Pa_GetDeviceInfo(Pa_GetDefaultInputDeviceID())->maxOutputChannels 
is 16, which is a little odd as it's using onboard stereo sound on a Dell 
box.  But for the same source code, on the Mac (Powermac G5; onboard 
sound), it's reported as zero, which was causing my app to report that 
there were too many channels in any file I tried to play.  When I bypassed 
this check, it worked, so it looks like it's just this value which isn't 
reported properly.

When building Portaudio on the Mac, I had to specify -framework 
AudioToolbox for it to link, as well as make a couple of other changes.

I do appreciate, from searching through the archive, that it's not trivial 
to determine the number of channels, so it might just be "one of those 
things", and may be fixed in V19 anyway.

Thanks,

Matthew
Ben Allison | 6 Dec 23:31 2004
Picon

Another Problem Building Portaudio .dll

Chris,

You must have accidently uncommented the PaWinWdm_Initialize line in
pa_win_hostapis.obj (in the pa_win directory).  You can either comment
that line out, or #define PA_NO_WDMKS (by adding the option to the
compiler command line in the makefile).

-Ben Allison

Chris wrote:
Hi,

I commented out the offending lines of code as suggested.

Now I'm getting the following error:

Creating library .\portaudio.lib and object .\portaudio.exp
pa_win_hostapis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PaWinWdm_Initia
lize
portaudio.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

I suspect that this is due to the new WDM_KS driver.

What's the best way to remove this without breaking anything else?

Cheers,

(Continue reading)

Chris Share | 6 Dec 23:51 2004
Picon
Picon

Re: Another Problem Building Portaudio .dll

Ben Allison wrote:

>Chris,
>
>You must have accidently uncommented the PaWinWdm_Initialize line in
>pa_win_hostapis.obj (in the pa_win directory).  You can either comment
>that line out, or #define PA_NO_WDMKS (by adding the option to the
>compiler command line in the makefile).
>
>-Ben Allison
>
>Chris wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I commented out the offending lines of code as suggested.
>
>Now I'm getting the following error:
>
>Creating library .\portaudio.lib and object .\portaudio.exp
>pa_win_hostapis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
>_PaWinWdm_Initia
>lize
>portaudio.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
>Stop.
>
>I suspect that this is due to the new WDM_KS driver.
>
>What's the best way to remove this without breaking anything else?
>
(Continue reading)

Rail Jon Rogut | 7 Dec 21:41 2004
Picon
Picon

CVS Repository

Hi

I'm new to this mailing list.. and just installed WinCVS 1.3.20.3 Beta 20 (Build
3) and Python 2.4

I tried logging in to

:pserver:anonymous <at> www.portaudio.com:/cvs/portaudio

but receive the error:

cvs [login aborted]: /cvs/portaudio: no such repository

I'm trying to find the version 19 build to test for an application I'm
developing under XP.

Thanks.

	Rail
------------------------------------------------------------
      Recording Engineer/Software Developer
      Rail Jon Rogut Software
      http://www.railjonrogut.com
      mailto:railro <at> earthlink.net
---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.805 / Virus Database: 547 - Release Date: 12/3/2004
Ben Allison | 7 Dec 23:54 2004
Picon

Re: CVS Repositor

Rail,

The correct path is /home/cvs, so it should be:

:pserver:anonymous <at> www.portaudio.com:/home/cvs

be sure to check out the v19-devel tag  (-r v19-devel on the command
line, or you can change the option on the 'stickies' tab of wincvs
when you log in).  By default you'll get the HEAD branch which is
V18.1, I believe.

-Ben Allison
Rail wrote:
Hi

I'm new to this mailing list.. and just installed WinCVS 1.3.20.3 Beta 20 (Build
3) and Python 2.4

I tried logging in to

:pserver:anonymous <at> www.portaudio.com:/cvs/portaudio

but receive the error:

cvs [login aborted]: /cvs/portaudio: no such repository

I'm trying to find the version 19 build to test for an application I'm
developing under XP.

Thanks.
(Continue reading)


Gmane