Ian Boston | 1 Nov 23:59 2009
Picon

everyone and administrators

Hi,
This is Jackrabbit 1.5.6 I had a quick look at later versions and I  
think what I am about to say holds for those later version.
My Jackrabbit deployment is in Sling.

I have been having a look at an ACL setup on a private subtree, and at  
the moment it looks like this is not possible in Jackrabbit/Sing, but  
before I go and try and make it work, I would like to verify some  
things.

1. IIUC, the DefaultAccessControlManager (DACM) does not allow deny on  
a group, so if everyone is granted read at the root node, then they  
cannot be denied read in any subnode.
2. Everyone has to be granted read at the root node, since they will  
need to read the whole path to any Resource. (Sling)
3. If there is any anonymous browse of the URL tree, then anonymous  
also needs read at the root node.
4. Denying anonymous read is easy, as its a user principal and so can  
be applied in an ACL only effecting anonymous.

So, as it stands it looks like its not possible to make a sub tree  
private from authenticated users, but it can be made private from  
individual users.

---
If I patch the DACM et al to allow denied permissions on groups I can  
now add an ACL with everyone:denied:jcr:all, however, now no one can  
access the node or subtree.

IIUC, when that is processed "everyone" contains all authenticated  
(Continue reading)

terial | 2 Nov 09:58 2009
Picon

is there an easy way to migration a repository?


Hi all ,
Can you show me an easy way to migration a repository to use the data
store .
In out production environment,the old repository use blobstore to store
file in it . and it is nearly 40G now .
Now i want to migrate it to use data store .can you show me the way how
you dit it ?
My solution is to export SystemView with binary info to an xml file
named "myData.xml",when i operate this file with session.importXml to
new repository with data store ,i got the error "OutOfMemoryError".
We look forward to your early replay ,thanks .
My jackrabbit core version is 1.4.11.
--

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/is-there-an-easy-way--to-migration-a-repository--tp26156629p26156629.html
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Alexander Klimetschek | 2 Nov 13:14 2009

Re: Ceckin/-out, Locking - Description and tests missing in the Spec/TCK

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 19:15, Daniel Manzke
<daniel.manzke <at> googlemail.com> wrote:
> My questions:
> Is checkin/-out user based?
> So that this is the checkin/-out like described in my example?

No, it's not user based. It is not the same as a checkout in svn for
example, since all it does is make the "head" of the versioned node
writable, but this is just one checkout as opposed to many remote
checkouts to local workspaces as in svn.

> Is checkin/out only for creating a new version?
> This would mean, then my user checks in his document, I have to checkout the
> node, add the new property and then checkin?

Right.

> I thought about using the open-scoped Lock for a long time checkout. Does a
> user can change properties, when he locked a document?

Yes, a lock is either per-session (session-scoped lock) or per user,
which is recorded in the jcr:lockOwner property in a lock.

> I didn't saw any
> testcase or description in the spec, how this should work.

Both JCR 1.0 (section 8.4 [1]) and JCR 2.0 (section 17 [2]) IMO give a
short and precise description: "In those repositories that support it,
locking allows a user to temporarily lock nodes in order to prevent
*other* users from changing them." (emphasis added)
(Continue reading)

Robin Batra | 2 Nov 14:18 2009
Picon

Version History

Hi,

Is there any way one can determine what workspace a version belongs to?
If we have multiple workspaces configured (in case of branching), the
history view will show all the versions present in multiple workspace. Is
there a way we can determine which version belongs to which workspace???

Thanks in Advance,
--

-- 
Regards

Robin Batra

Jackrabbit: how to log queries towards Oracle DB

Hello all,

I am new to Jackrabbit and I am struggling understanding if it is
possible to log all possible transactions which are happening behind the
curtains towards an Oracle database.

Playing with log4j helped me a lot but I still need to see as much info
as possible when it comes about Jackrabbit querying the DB.

Is it possible?

Any help is very well appreciated.

Cheers,

Giovanni

Thomas Müller | 2 Nov 15:13 2009

Re: Jackrabbit: how to log queries towards Oracle DB

Hi,

Jackrabbit calls almost the same JDBC methods no matter what database
backend is used. I don't know how to do that with Oracle, but you
could use another database that supports logging JDBC method calls,
for example the H2 database. You only need to append
;TRACE_LEVEL_FILE=3 or ;TRACE_LEVEL_SYSTEM_OUT=3 to the database URL.
See also: http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#trace_options

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Thomas

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:05 PM, De Stefano, Giovanni,  VF-Group
<Giovanni.DeStefano <at> vodafone.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>
>
> I am new to Jackrabbit and I am struggling understanding if it is
> possible to log all possible transactions which are happening behind the
> curtains towards an Oracle database.
>
>
>
> Playing with log4j helped me a lot but I still need to see as much info
> as possible when it comes about Jackrabbit querying the DB.
>
>
(Continue reading)

RE: Jackrabbit: how to log queries towards Oracle DB

Hello Thomas,

thanks a lot for the hint.

I will give it a shot and I will post my results here.

Cheers,

Giovanni

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Müller [mailto:thomas.mueller <at> day.com] 
Sent: lunedì 2 novembre 2009 15.13
To: users <at> jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jackrabbit: how to log queries towards Oracle DB

Hi,

Jackrabbit calls almost the same JDBC methods no matter what database

backend is used. I don't know how to do that with Oracle, but you

could use another database that supports logging JDBC method calls,

for example the H2 database. You only need to append

;TRACE_LEVEL_FILE=3 or ;TRACE_LEVEL_SYSTEM_OUT=3 to the database URL.

See also: http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#trace_options

(Continue reading)

Philipp Bunge | 2 Nov 15:28 2009
Picon

BindVariable in JCR-SQL2 CONTAINS

Hi

I'm trying to use the following FullTextSearch query in Jackrabbit 2.0 beta1:
Query query = qm.createQuery("SELECT * FROM [my:document] AS document
WHERE CONTAINS(document.original, $x)", Query.JCR_SQL2);

But the following fails with a "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
not a valid variable in this query:"
query.bindVariable("x", vf.createValue("moo"));

In fact, query.getBindVariableNames() returns an empty array.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,
Philipp

Tobias Bocanegra | 2 Nov 15:32 2009

Re: Ceckin/-out, Locking - Description and tests missing in the Spec/TCK

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets <at> day.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 19:15, Daniel Manzke
> <daniel.manzke <at> googlemail.com> wrote:
>> My questions:
>> Is checkin/-out user based?
>> So that this is the checkin/-out like described in my example?
>
> No, it's not user based. It is not the same as a checkout in svn for
> example, since all it does is make the "head" of the versioned node
> writable, but this is just one checkout as opposed to many remote
> checkouts to local workspaces as in svn.
>
>> Is checkin/out only for creating a new version?
>> This would mean, then my user checks in his document, I have to checkout the
>> node, add the new property and then checkin?
>
> Right.
>
>> I thought about using the open-scoped Lock for a long time checkout. Does a
>> user can change properties, when he locked a document?
>
> Yes, a lock is either per-session (session-scoped lock) or per user,
> which is recorded in the jcr:lockOwner property in a lock.
this is partially true. the locking is always independent of the user
performing the lock. session-scoped locks cannot be transferred to
other sessions and only the locking session can update and unlock.

for open-scoped locks, the users has no impact of the locking,
neither. in order to transfer a lock-membership, you need to augment
the respective session with the lock token. further, you need to
(Continue reading)

Tobias Bocanegra | 2 Nov 15:35 2009

Re: Version History

hi,
versions are shared amongst all workspaces. this is intentionally so
that corresponding nodes can checkin/checkout/restore/merge from their
common version.

if you need/want to remember the versions origin, you need to set it
manually on a property before your do the checkin.
regards, toby

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Robin Batra <robin.batra <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way one can determine what workspace a version belongs to?
> If we have multiple workspaces configured (in case of branching), the
> history view will show all the versions present in multiple workspace. Is
> there a way we can determine which version belongs to which workspace???
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> --
> Regards
>
> Robin Batra
>


Gmane