TM | 1 Jul 02:32 2012
Picon

new user: help with vfs resolver


Hello,

I'm getting the runtime error below with a <vfs> resolver defined in my
settings file.

I'm using the binary-with-dependencies release
<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi>. I see lib/commons-vfs-1.0.jar
contains the 'missing' class, in org/apache/commons/vfs/.

Filesystem and url resolvers work as expected; I can retrieve and
publish to $HOME/.ivy2/cache and a Nexus repository on the network.

My goal is to have FTP available.

Any insight is appreciated.

Tom

----
$ java -jar ivy-2.3.0-rc1.jar -settings /path/to/ivysettings.xml

:: loading settings :: file = /path/to/ivysettings.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/vfs/FileSystemManager
	at org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.VfsResolver.<init>(VfsResolver.java:34)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at
(Continue reading)

wagnerma | 4 Jul 17:46 2012
Picon
Picon

IvyDE 2.2.0beta1 + Eclipse Juno crashes sometimes with org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access


Sometimes Eclipse Juno (4.2) with IvyDE 2.2.0beta1/Ivy 2.3.0-rc1 crashes with
a org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access. (System is Win32),
Stacktrace:

eclipse.buildId=I20120608-1400
java.version=1.6.0_29
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.platform.ide
Command-line arguments:  -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data
C:\devenv/../server_runtime2 -dev
file:C:/devenv/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Launch Runtime
Eclipse/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.apache.ivyde.eclipse 1 0 2012-07-04 17:22:48.748
!MESSAGE starting IvyDE plugin

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-07-04 17:22:48.757
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
org.apache.ivyde.eclipse (3113).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.IvyPlugin.start() of bundle
org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.
	at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
	at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at
(Continue reading)

Nicolas Lalevée | 4 Jul 19:44 2012

Re: IvyDE 2.2.0beta1 + Eclipse Juno crashes sometimes with org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access

It seems like a bug.
Could you open a jira issue about it ?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE

cheers,
Nicolas

Le 4 juil. 2012 à 17:46, wagnerma a écrit :

> 
> Sometimes Eclipse Juno (4.2) with IvyDE 2.2.0beta1/Ivy 2.3.0-rc1 crashes with
> a org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access. (System is Win32),
> Stacktrace:
> 
> eclipse.buildId=I20120608-1400
> java.version=1.6.0_29
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
> Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.platform.ide
> Command-line arguments:  -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data
> C:\devenv/../server_runtime2 -dev
> file:C:/devenv/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Launch Runtime
> Eclipse/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
> 
> !ENTRY org.apache.ivyde.eclipse 1 0 2012-07-04 17:22:48.748
> !MESSAGE starting IvyDE plugin
> 
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-07-04 17:22:48.757
> !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse (3113).
(Continue reading)

Nicolas Lalevée | 4 Jul 19:50 2012

Re: UNRESOLVED DEPENDENCIES


Le 20 juin 2012 à 18:11, Dale Herrig a écrit :

> Hi,
> 
> I ran into  problem and get below error message
> 
> ivy:retrieve]  problem while downloading module descriptor:
> http://fortytwo.net/maven2/net/fortytwo/sesametools/sesametools-all/1.6/sesametools-all-1.6.pom:
> invalid sha1: expected=02bf20f64e8b46356ede7b0f57a9ad05f87a06c
> computed=c32d73de6bc989829b4ab136607b6f9060724de1 (347ms)
> 
> 
> When this happens I get BUILD FAILED and no jars are put into the lib.
> However,  it did find a number of other jars but did not put them in the
> lib because of this one failure.
> 
> Question:  Is there a way to get the build to NOT FAIL (ignore
> the unresolved dependence)  or  just download the jars that it found and
> indeed put them in the lib directory.
> 
> Thanks in advance for any help on this.

The jars there doesn't match the described sha1, so there might be some corrupted data, either the checksum
or the jar.

If you want to bypass that, you can set the attribute checksums="" to force to not check the sha1. You can also
set it via a property: ivy.checksums
see:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/resolvers.html#common
(Continue reading)

Nicolas Lalevée | 4 Jul 19:59 2012

Re: new user: help with vfs resolver

You need to add commons-vfs into ivy's classpath, either on the command line, or via the "classpath" in your
ivysettings.xml [1].

Nicolas

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/classpath.html

Le 1 juil. 2012 à 02:32, TM a écrit :

> 
> Hello,
> 
> I'm getting the runtime error below with a <vfs> resolver defined in my
> settings file.
> 
> I'm using the binary-with-dependencies release
> <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi>. I see lib/commons-vfs-1.0.jar
> contains the 'missing' class, in org/apache/commons/vfs/.
> 
> Filesystem and url resolvers work as expected; I can retrieve and
> publish to $HOME/.ivy2/cache and a Nexus repository on the network.
> 
> My goal is to have FTP available.
> 
> Any insight is appreciated.
> 
> Tom
> 
> ----
> $ java -jar ivy-2.3.0-rc1.jar -settings /path/to/ivysettings.xml
(Continue reading)

Nicolas Lalevée | 4 Jul 20:05 2012

Re: Dependency partial download?

Maybe there was some parallel builds going on ? Ivy is not that good at handling a publish and a resolve on the
same cache.

Nicolas

Le 27 juin 2012 à 00:12, Troy Kinsella a écrit :

> Anybody?
> 
> I'm using ivy 2.2.0
> 
> On 12-06-14 11:28 AM, Troy Kinsella wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 
>> I have Hudson building two ivy modules in separate jobs. Say, A depends on B. I'm using the Hudson ivy
plugin such that if I modify B, A is automatically rebuilt. Often, in this scenario, the rebuild of A fails
as follows:
>> [ivy:resolve] :::: WARNINGS
>> [ivy:resolve] 	problem while downloading module descriptor:
<snip>/ivy-1.0-SNAPSHOT.xml:/<snip>/ivy-1.0-SNAPSHOT.xml.original.part (No such file or
directory) (305ms)
>> If I manually trigger a build shortly after, it succeeds. From my naive perspective, it appears as if the
build of A is proceeding when something is not yet finished downloading. I'm not sure if this is a Hudson
issue or an Ivy issue.
>> 
>> Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
>> 
>> Thanks!
>> 
>> Troy
(Continue reading)

TM | 5 Jul 01:14 2012
Picon

Re: new user: help with vfs resolver

Thank you for the quick reply.  However, using the <classpath> tag or
-cp option doesn't solve the problem.

That is, I get the same error with:

`$ java -jar ivy-2.3.0-rc1.jar -settings /path/to/ivysettings.xml -cp
lib/commons-vfs-1.0.jar`

or else with

`<classpath file="/path/to/commons-vfs-1.0.jar"/>`

Does this provide any additional insight?

----

I notice that providing a non-existent file in a <classpath> tag throws

`io problem while parsing config file: /path/to/no-such.jar`.

Passing a non-existent file in the -cp option, instead, seems to fail
silently.

----

Browsing jira, the only vfs-related issue I find is IVY-643.  (Judging
from the final comment, it can be closed.)

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-643>

(Continue reading)

Nicolas Lalevée | 5 Jul 09:57 2012

Re: new user: help with vfs resolver


Le 5 juil. 2012 à 01:14, TM a écrit :

> Thank you for the quick reply.  However, using the <classpath> tag or
> -cp option doesn't solve the problem.
> 
> That is, I get the same error with:
> 
> `$ java -jar ivy-2.3.0-rc1.jar -settings /path/to/ivysettings.xml -cp
> lib/commons-vfs-1.0.jar`

your syntax is wrong. When using -jar, no additional classpath can be added; actually, everything after
-jar in considered as arguments of the main java class, not the jvm. Tyr this instead:

java -cp ivy-2.3.0-rc1.jar:lib/commons-vfs-1.0.jar org.apache.ivy.Main -settings /path/to/ivysettings.xml

> or else with
> 
> `<classpath file="/path/to/commons-vfs-1.0.jar"/>`
> 
> Does this provide any additional insight?

did you try an absolute path ?
I don't remember well, but I guess relative path in the ivysettings are relative the the ivysettings.xml file.

Nicolas

> ----
> 
> I notice that providing a non-existent file in a <classpath> tag throws
(Continue reading)

TM | 5 Jul 18:14 2012
Picon

Re: new user: help with vfs resolver

On 07/05/2012 03:57 AM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> 
> your syntax is wrong. When using -jar, no additional classpath can be added; actually, everything after
-jar in considered as arguments of the main java class, not the jvm. Tyr this instead:
> 
> java -cp ivy-2.3.0-rc1.jar:lib/commons-vfs-1.0.jar org.apache.ivy.Main -settings /path/to/ivysettings.xml

This gets past the error.  Thanks!

> 
>> or else with
>>
>> `<classpath file="/path/to/commons-vfs-1.0.jar"/>`
>>
>> Does this provide any additional insight?
> 
> did you try an absolute path ?
> I don't remember well, but I guess relative path in the ivysettings are relative the the ivysettings.xml file.

Yes, both absolute path, and relative path with `${ivy.settings.dir}`.

I think the path is correct (otherwise, XmlSettingsParser throws a
FileNotFoundException).  But then I would expect this to be equivalent
to the above solution using `-cp`.

I'll try and look in the parser.

Thanks again for your help.

(Continue reading)

Andrei | 18 Jul 16:58 2012
Picon

error in docs

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/resolve.html

<ivy:resolve>
    <dependency org="apache" module="commons-lang" rev="2+" />
    <dependency org="apache" module="commons-logging" rev="1.1" />
    <exclude org="apache" module="log4j" />
</ivy:resolve>

gives error

module should be name?


Gmane