David Crossley | 25 Apr 03:20 2015
Picon

the doap processing is busted for people.a.o

The 3-hourly processing of the list of DOAP files for people.apache.org site
has been spewing errors for many days.

I do not know enough about how the site build works
(see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site-tools/trunk/projects)
and i do not have it installed locally.

I have done some investigation.
This error message on 2015-04-17 at 15:30 was the first:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-site-dev/201504.mbox/%3c20150417153422.0B7C817BF9-8LWK89apvwiY1pf4d8vP8EB+6BGkLq7r <at> public.gmane.org%3e

These are the only likely changes that i can find
leading up to the error:

Author: hboutemy
Date: Tue Apr 14 00:31:26 2015
URL: http://svn.apache.org/r1673325
Log: s/asfext:PMC/asfext:pmc/ to match the extension

Author: gmcdonald
Date: Tue Apr 14 10:28:09 2015
URL: http://svn.apache.org/r1673402
Log: remove zookeeper entry for now
Modified: infrastructure/site-tools/trunk/projects/pmc_list.xml
(Note that there is still a zookeeper entry in
site-tools/trunk/projects/files.xml if that matters.
The commit comment is not useful.)

However those were a few days before this error started, so they
do not seem likely.
(Continue reading)

Rich Bowen | 23 Apr 22:24 2015

[ApacheCon] Volunteers needed: Audio editing

Nick Burch and the TAC recipients recorded some of the content from 
ApacheCon, and we need some help editing it down to usable bits.

Here's how it'll work

What you need:

1) Audio editor. Audacity is always a good choice, since it's free and 
available for every platform
2) Time, patience.
3) A place to upload finished files

How you do it:

1) The files are at http://people.apache.org/~nick/raw-acna15-recordings/

2) At https://etherpad.mozilla.org/acna-2015-audio we'll keep track of 
who's working on what, so that we're not wasting time/effort. Indicate 
who you are, and the file that you're working on.

3) Download a file, split it into tracks. Audacity has a tool for doing 
this. Tutorial is here: 
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/splitting_a_recording_into_separate_tracks.html 
  Name the resulting files after the day and the track and the talk 
number. eg Monday_HTTPD_01.mp3

4) For each of these files, go back and trim off the dead air at the 
beginning and end.

5) Upload the resulting files to a public location and put that location 
(Continue reading)

Rich Bowen | 22 Apr 22:15 2015

DeltaCloud

The folks at DeltaCloud asked me to mention them here. They're 
struggling to keep their project moving, and are looking for new folks 
to be interested in the project, and for tips for tracking them down.

DeltaCloud is in a technology space that is very active right now, but 
there are two other Apache projects - libcloud and jcloud - that do very 
similar things, which are very successful in this space.

While we at Apache don't compete, and don't promote one project over 
others, we do want to see our communities be successful if possible.

If anyone here is interested in working with the DeltaCloud folks to 
raise awareness of what they're doing, and attract new developers, 
please speak up, and join the dev <at> deltacloud mailing list.

Thanks.

--

-- 
Rich Bowen - rbowen@... -  <at> rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ -  <at> apachecon

Sharan Foga | 22 Apr 10:26 2015
Picon

Apache OFBiz and Twitter

Hi

Our project has just started tweeting from our official Twitter account 
( <at> ApacheOfbiz). We are following  <at> ASF - how do we get the  <at> ASF to follow us?

Also just for information - there is another Twitter account called 
 <at> apache_ofbiz which is not an official project account that is being run 
by one of our community members. I've asked them to remove our project 
logo from their account as it could be confusing.

Thanks
Sharan

Mattmann, Chris A (3980 | 20 Apr 18:47 2015
Picon
Picon

FW: ESIP Update: Summer Meeting Theme Finalized, ESIP Testbed Update, Education Committee  | News from AGU, Extreme Precip Hangout & USGS

Hello Everyone,

Please note that the Summer Earth Science Information Partners
(ESIP) meeting is looking for plenary speakers to deal with
resiliency as it relates to open source software projects. There
are many people on this list and around the ASF that know a lot
about this. I encourage you to contact Erin Robinson and/or Annie
Bryant Burgess about the below if you are interested in speaking
about this important subject.

Cheers,
Chris

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section (398)
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann <at> nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Science Department
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++





(Continue reading)

jan i | 20 Apr 18:43 2015
Picon

Presentation selections for ACEU 2015 Budapest.

Hi.

Rereading today's threads about ACEU 2015, made me realize that I have been
unclear.

For ACEU 2015, intention is to use the following outline:

1) LF define the theme(s) for the conference
2) CFP open officially with announcement(s) defining the content wanted
3) CFP closes and LF selects talks and only ask for advice if needed.
4) LF makes and publishes the schedule

There will not be a ASF program committee, and of course the apacheCON team
will
be in contact with LF and help with announcements etc.

As said many times today, this is a needed step to make the numbers of
paying attendees
grow and thereby create a base we can built on.

I had the opportunity in Austin to talk with Rich and Ross as well as LF,
and we all agree
on both goal and roadmap.

Let us all make sure ACEU a blazing success and thereby take a step towards
a common
goal.

rgds
jan I.
(Continue reading)

Pierre Smits | 20 Apr 16:36 2015
Picon

Proposing tracks for ACEU15

Hi all,

In the weeks prior to ACNA15 I have reached out to a few communities to
gather momentum for ACEU15. Based on what is in the portfolio of the ASF
quite a lot of interesting tracks could be built. Before the doors of the
CFP opens we could investigate potential topic clusters (anything
goes).  Anyway, I thought starting early gives a head start. Here are a few
examples:

*Community building with the ASF*
About: How visions at the ASF and the Apache products can help building OS
Community
Topics could be:

   - The Apache Maturity Model (or a generalisation thereof) - Betrand
   Delacrétaz
   - How a Code of Conduct Matters - Speaker TBD
   - A Case Study (PoC) of Community Management with OFBiz - Pierre Smits
   - Due Process with Apache STeVe - Speaker TBD
   - Version Control with Apache Subversion - Speaker TBD
   - Directory Management with Apache Directory - Speaker TBD
   - Conferencing with Apache OpenMeetings

*Securing With Apache products*
About: how Apache products support Identity Management, Security,
Authentication & Authorization
Topics could be:

   - Directory Management with Apache Directory
   - RBAC enablement with Apache Fortress
(Continue reading)

jan i | 19 Apr 21:29 2015
Picon

Wiki apacheCON

For info.

I just updated:

http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/FrontPage

Pushing the Austin content into ACNA15.

It seems as if at some point the editing was made in ACNA15 and later in
FrontPage.

I have tried to update ACNA15 to have all the information.

Next task is apachecon.com and apachecon.eu.

I will try to keep all apacheCON discussions for ACEU15 on
apachecon-discuss@...

rgds
jan I.
Mattmann, Chris A (3980 | 18 Apr 23:42 2015
Picon
Picon

ApacheConNA 2015 slides

Hey Everyone,

Great seeing you all at ApacheCon. Quick question - I got my
slides uploaded after my talk(s) (late of course) to the website -
who should I poke at LF to make sure they are on the website? I
am not seeing them and I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong?

Cheers,
Chris

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section (398)
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann <at> nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Science Department
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




jan i | 18 Apr 11:44 2015
Picon

Re: Re : Re: Project Visualization Tool...

On Saturday, April 18, 2015, <herve.boutemy@...> wrote:

> It was told the new site would use native json, instead of doap
> But I'm not convinced at all, since Doap is an invaluable source of info,
> documented, and so on

json is also a documented standard, that in general is more known, and I
believe has more tools supporting it.

>
> then imho it would be better to generate json from doap
>
> I disabled the json edit feature recently since it will cause problems

which problems?

with a defined json it is simple to generate the doap file.

I highly recommend staying at json and using that as base for all our
central data.

rgds
jan i

>
> regards
>
> Hervé
> ----- Mail d'origine -----
> De: Shane Curcuru <asf@... <javascript:;>>
(Continue reading)

Raúl Kripalani | 17 Apr 13:40 2015
Picon

[DISCUSS] Looks like someone feels threatened... (TIBCO vs Open Source ESBs)

Originally posted this on users <at> camel and dev <at> camel, but several fellows
suggested that it may be of interest of a wider audience.

Even though the context is Enterprise Service Buses, their speech applies
to OSS in general.

The argument that proprietary vendors innovate more than OSS is absolutely
hilarious. Really, it's exactly the opposite. Think of what projects like
Hadoop, Storm, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, etc. have done for OSS lately.

The most scalable platforms out there (FB, TW, Yahoo, Netflix, etc.) have
open sourced their tech... So, are proprietary vendors still driving IT
innovation? *scoff*

Open for discussion!

P.S.: ​Not sure who is subscribed to this list, but I hear that this thread
may be of interest to members <at> , in which case feel free to forward and
please do CC me so I can participate.

*Raúl Kripalani*
Apache Camel PMC Member & Committer | Enterprise Architect, Open Source
Integration specialist
http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani
http://blog.raulkr.net | twitter:  <at> raulvk <http://twitter.com/raulvk>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raul Kripalani <raul@...>
Date: Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Subject: [DISCUSS] Looks like someone feels threatened... (TIBCO vs Open
(Continue reading)


Gmane