New Weka 3.6.11 and 3.7.11 releases
Mark Hall <mhall <at> waikato.ac.nz>
2014-04-24 09:01:33 GMT
New versions of Weka are available for download from the Weka homepage:
* Weka 3.6.11 - stable book 3rd edition version. It is available as ZIP,
with Win32 installer, Win32 installer incl. JRE 1.7.0_25, Win64 installer,
Win64 installer incl. 64 bit JRE 1.7.0_25 and Mac OS X application (both
Oracle and Apple JVM versions).
* Weka 3.7.11 - development version. It is available as ZIP, with Win32
installer, Win32 installer incl. JRE 1.7.0_25, Win64 installer, Win64
installer incl. 64 bit JRE 1.7.0_25 and Mac OS X application (both Oracle
and Apple JVM versions).
Both versions contain a significant number of bug fixes, it is recommended
to upgrade to the new versions. Stable Weka 3.6 receives bug fixes only.
The development version receives bug fixes and new features.
Pentaho data mining community documentation:
Packages for Weka>=3.7.2 can be browsed online at:
Note: It might take a while before Sourceforge.net has propagated all the
files to its mirrors.
Note 2: Changes to Weka 3.7.11 will necessitate new releases of a number
of packages. These will be made via the package manager over the next
week. Please refrain from reporting any problems with packages until after
the updates have been released.
What's new in 3.7.11?
In core weka:
* Bagging and RandomForest are now faster if the base learner is a
* Speed-ups for REPTree and other classes that use entropy calculations
* Many other code improvements and speed-ups
* Additional statistics available in the output of LinearRegression and
SimpleLinearRegression. Contributed by Chris Meyer
* Reduced memory consumption in BayesNet
* Improvements to the package manager: load status of individual packages
can now be toggled to prevent a package from loading; "Available" button
now displays the latest version of all available packages that are
compatible with the base version of Weka
* Canopy clusterer
* ImageViewer KnowledgeFlow component
* PMML export support for Logistic. Infrastructure and changes contributed
by David Person
* Extensive tool-tips now displayed in the Explorer's scheme selector tree
* Join KnowledgeFlow component for performing an inner join on two
incoming streams/data sets
* IWSSembeded package, contributed by Pablo Bermejo
* CVAttributeEval package, contributed by Justin Liang
* distributedWeka package for Hadoop
* Improvements to multiLayerPerceptrons and addtion of MLPAutoencoder
* Code clean-up in many packages
As usual, for a complete list of changes refer to the changelogs.
The Weka Team
Wekalist mailing list
Send posts to: Wekalist <at> list.waikato.ac.nz
List info and subscription status: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html